Based on reports from Sat thought I would head to deeper water N of Hedges on Sun morning.  After all, the NOAA wave forecast was 1' or less.  Ha! Once I got out there it was a 1-2' chop with the occasional roller underneath.  Note the horizon in the picture.  Set up about 250' and worked my way out to 450'.  I found one heck of a hole in the 380-390' area that drops 70' in very short order.  Marked a lot of fish and lost 2 before landing this 24 lb guy.  FF combo with a silver/maroon flasher followed by yellow/white UV glow fly 95 over 420 fow.  The reel screamed and I pulled the DR up and just let the wind take the boat NE.  The wind/boat cooperated well and the GoPro captured the rest. Solo fishing can be relaxing and exciting all at the same time. I stocked the freezer the week before so I took great pleasure in watching this one revive next to the boat and take a deep dive home.  I guess my query last week on fishing N of Hedges paid off!   

GOPR0911-2.jpg

• Like 8

Based on reports from Sat thought I would head to deeper water N of Hedges on Sun morning.  After all, the NOAA wave forecast was 1' or less.  Ha! Once I got out there it was a 1-2' chop with the occasional roller underneath.  Note the horizon in the picture.  Set up about 250' and worked my way out to 450'.  I found one heck of a hole in the 380-390' area that drops 70' in very short order.  Marked a lot of fish and lost 2 before landing this 24 lb guy.  FF combo with a silver/maroon flasher followed by yellow/white UV glow fly 95 over 420 fow.  The reel screamed and I pulled the DR up and just let the wind take the boat NE.  The wind/boat cooperated well and the GoPro captured the rest. Solo fishing can be relaxing and exciting all at the same time. I stocked the freezer the week before so I took great pleasure in watching this one revive next to the boat and take a deep dive home.  I guess my query last week on fishing N of Hedges paid off!   
GOPR0911-2.thumb.jpg.2af332702c2ecf7ffc0708f234a76000.jpg

Without a bear creek and found the fish in about 650 this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app