Inside or Deep out of Olcott

Good news, no fleas. Started in 430 FOW nearly straight out maybe a bit east.  48 degrees about 75ft down but varied a bit until fishhawk transducer wire to battery pack broke.. New battery pack is on its way ($15 dollar part).  Rigger popped before we finished putting in, buddy picked it up, nothing and I see what was most likely a steelhead jump twice behind the boat.  After 3 hours of fishing between 50 and 100ft down and nothing to show we picked up and went inside near coal plant, setup at 150, went as shallow as 90, marked bait and fish, lost another jumper but at least got to fight it for a minute.  Learned that carrying extra AA batteries for transducer is just not enough some days

20200812_192755.jpg

Good news, no fleas. Started in 430 FOW nearly straight out maybe a bit east.  48 degrees about 75ft down but varied a bit until fishhawk transducer wire to battery pack broke.. New battery pack is on its way ($15 dollar part).  Rigger popped before we finished putting in, buddy picked it up, nothing and I see what was most likely a steelhead jump twice behind the boat.  After 3 hours of fishing between 50 and 100ft down and nothing to show we picked up and went inside near coal plant, setup at 150, went as shallow as 90, marked bait and fish, lost another jumper but at least got to fight it for a minute.  Learned that carrying extra AA batteries for transducer is just not enough some days
20200812_192755.thumb.jpg.f2f60314cebce04438616626f381dd2e.jpg

Had the same thing happen to us with the probe battery pack while fishing the invitational. I stripped the wire back and wrapped It around the battery coil spring allowing us to finish the day with the probe working, but looks like this may be a design/manf. flaw
  • Like 1