Took a brother from the fire service out from 4-8:15pm. Was choppy when we started but calmed down as night went on. Fished 95-120 whole time. 6 rod spread. 2 wire dipseys 210/220 and 2 riggers stacked. Had at least 6 knock offs on spoons off the riggers. Buddy finally got one hooked. NK mag on 83 rigger. Sorry for the crappy pic. He had trouble holding it and I wanted it back in water ASAP so I only took 1 pic. Little while later I had a screamer on the 210 wire. Fished jumped multiple times and took a few runs out to 550 on line counter. I slowed the kicker down to gain some line. Seemed like fish was starting to give up and all of a sudden line went limp. Thought he broke off. Reeled line in and fly was intact, treble and octopus were good and still sharp. I have had a few treble hooks break or bend on flies before. Maybe it was slowing the boat down the killed me or maybe it was karma for busting my buddies balls for taking forever to get his king in and not knowing how to hold it up. Had few more spoon releases on the riggers. Lost another one that took the flasher/fly off the deep rigger 95 and right into the wire. Didn’t loose any tackle and had some laughs. Marked fish and bait mostly 70-90 over 95-120. 2 other boats working the same area. Had 49 water 77 down. IMG_4670.JPGIMG_4671.JPGIMG_4672.JPGIMG_4673.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Tied some flies with an eagle claw treble,  normal fly size. Hooks were nice and sharp, BUT they were bending down and out slightly and we were losing fish on them. Retied with some good stainless trebles I had in a box and stopped losing fish. Eagle claws were too wimpy (thin) for the Kings.

Edited by Steve.e

Hooks that bent or broke were ones that came with the Atomik flies. I tie my own fly harnesses now using addya hooks and haven’t had an issue yet. I am not saying anything bad about atomik, I just use my own harnesses now. The fish last night got unhooked and the hooks were still in great shape. He either did a great job getting loose or me slowing the boat down didn’t help to keep more tension on it.

5 hours ago, dickey said:

Hooks that bent or broke were ones that came with the Atomik flies. I tie my own fly harnesses now using addya hooks and haven’t had an issue yet. I am not saying anything bad about atomik, I just use my own harnesses now. The fish last night got unhooked and the hooks were still in great shape. He either did a great job getting loose or me slowing the boat down didn’t help to keep more tension on it.

They all bend or break.  Most of the time it is from hook removal.  I have seen Addaya break just like Owners.  

I have used a lot of different hooks and my favorite are eagle claw 374 for the money . I keep coming back to them   . 

Fish get off , that's the way it is , there is no explaining it other than maybe thay aren't taking it good and are nipping at it. 

Some days you loose a lot ,some days you don't loose any . 

That's why it called fishing