Cayuga Cayuga 9/14 to 9/20 What tackle should I bring

Hey all,

Coming up to Cayuga from 9/14 to 9/20..  Normally fish in tournaments in VA for largemouth bass but want to fish for lake trout and other species on this trip.  Will be staying on the west side of the lake at about the midpoint along the lake.   Could you be so kind as to provide advice on what tackle/baits to bring and potential tactics and areas to target?  Probably wont troll - considering jigging.

Thank you in advance

Edited by BassFisherman

16 minutes ago, SSCHANTZ said:

Is there any specific colors that i should focus on?

White has been most effective the past couple weeks.  Can also try black, silver/dark back, and goby colors. 

Get some 1.5 oz jig heads as well.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Just a heads up . New York has a travel band Virginia is on the list of states and there is 14 day mandatory quarantine also I believe there is written plan you have to fill out when entering the state.

Virginia

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory

According to NY state guidelines you may not travel to New York for a vacation from the states on the travel advisory list. You may say “oh it’s just vacation we’ll get takeout and won’t see anybody” NO the 14 day quarantine is mandatory and restricted to no outdoor and public areas, you must have a residence to stay in and register it with the state. Please understand that this is for everyone’s safety. Don’t be selfish, even if you don’t feel sick you could still be an asymptomatic carrier and spread the virus when you get here. Find somewhere to vacation and fish in Virginia 

Edited by WildLaker607

1 hour ago, WildLaker607 said:

According to NY state guidelines you may not travel to New York for a vacation from the states on the travel advisory list. You may say “oh it’s just vacation we’ll get takeout and won’t see anybody” NO the 14 day quarantine is mandatory and restricted to no outdoor and public areas, you must have a residence to stay in and register it with the state. Please understand that this is for everyone’s safety. Don’t be selfish, even if you don’t feel sick you could still be an asymptomatic carrier and spread the virus when you get here. Find somewhere to vacation and fish in Virginia 

Thank you and appreciate your concern   I have already pulled the guidance and have the online registration to quarantine at a friend's residence in NY prior to the start of this fishing vacation.  Some people do things the right way.  

On 8/14/2020 at 8:27 AM, WildLaker607 said:

C56CD3DD-9B07-494F-920F-DD486D1513F2.jpeg

• Like 2