Food Plot Question

idn713

Quick question, I put down 1.5 acres of Imperial Whitetail Beets N' Greens (several people highly recommended it) August 1 and then had good soaking rains the next 3-4 days (fields all have a beautiful 7 PH). As predicted all three plots are germinated perfectly and the plants are coming up nicely. At this point, do you worry about rain or are the plants just gonna do their thing being brassicas and quick growing. I ask because the extended forecast has me a little worried that there is not much rain coming the Brockport/Rochester way. Kinda makes me wonder why they always recommend planting in last week of July/ early August.

They will be fine. I plant mine same time every year and we had plenty of rain early August for them to establish. Hit them with some Urea , 46-0-0 just before a rain in early September and they will explode. IMG_7117.JPGIMG_7116.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

How many pounds do I need for mine Matt?
Who sells it?

I buy all my fertilizer by the ton from Nutrien AG solutions in Avon. They sell 50lb bags also. And I usually put down 50lbs of Urea per acre on turnips