2020 WATERFOWL SEASON !!!!

Not to bad , did have 2 bad days last week tho. I'll up date..... saw 2 ducks after legal 1 of days and saw 1 duck the next day. I think that's when we had that north wind first come down and push some birds out . Now some more are showing up I hope. Going to scout out stuff in a couple minutes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just drove by Russell station somebody has three dozen decoys and a spinwing all set up mint right where you normally see all the ducks hanging out right off the parking lot lmfao . Somebody set up off edgemere on Long pond right over the guardrail. Same in front of crescent Beach hotel just throw the decoys over the guardrail call it a day....... Desperate times for desperate measures absolute pathetic hunters.

Nice job longspurs!! I got out today rare to get a day off!!  saw maybe 10 ducks at first light flying high......that was it.  3 hunts this year haven't raised the gun yet.  I know a lot has to do with not scouting......

Got a call that there were thousands of snows in one of our fields. Got 3 boxes of Silo socks out and some Canada decoys. When we got to the field, there was a dusting of snow. After putting the decoys out, we got 3 inches in an hour. Thousands of birds came to the field but couldn't see the decoys. We managed to kill 1 snow. The Canadas that came worked us great and we would have had great shooting. Monday should be a good day for geese. Looking forward to tomorrow. Freezing temps tonight should have the ducks looking for open water. Good lucks and safe hunting.

Went out last weekend for my first time ever duck hunting here in Central Florida. Did not disappoint, other than the other 150 boats for opening day. Guy who took me is a regular down here and said in all the years he's hunted only killed 3 drake shovelors. That was my first bird. Others were teal and ringers. Lost 4 birds to tge alligators before we could retrieve them, 1 duck never even hit the water straight into about a 10 footers mouth. Couldnt launch tge boats till 4 am we got there at 1 am and there were already 50 boats in front of us. Like a damn war zone out there i don't know how people don't end up wearing steel shot for jewelry with all the nut cases running around with guns. 

20201212_144257.jpg

20201212_144319.jpg

Nice pintail !! Got out this morning with a buddy on some public , lots of mallards around . We got a bonus widgeon . Some divers also but they didn't want nothing to do with us. Except the two redheads that flew by the decoys and my buddy decided the bird watch while I was on the phone. [emoji23]1608311093080.jpegIMG_20201218_080430.jpegIMG_20201218_080556.jpegIMG_20201218_081202.jpeg

On 12/17/2020 at 11:55 AM, UNREEL said:

A nightmare and a hard pass for sure. I assume retrievers are not used to get the birds.  :sad:

I didn't see any retrievers. All the birds we took were retrieved from yak we had hooked on side of the boat. Never rode in a boat with a surface drive motor on it before. Real good way to get someone hurt if you dont know how to operate them. They will scoot pretty good across hydrilla thats for sure