Any body run 2 fish hawks?

chowder

Have had some squirrelly days lately when I wish I had temp at 2 different riggers lately. Not that I cant get it the info by moving one probe around but curious if it's feasible to run 2 probes?

Why not just make your probe rigger your deepest line? That way you should have a really close idea of what your other rigger is in temp-wise. Plus if your probe is your deepest you can run it up and check the temp above it without needing to reset. I think you would have issues trying to run two fishawks and multiple signals on the same frequency (I could be wrong on this). Your best bet you be to run some other brand temp system on the other rigger if you really wanted to do that.

If you ran one FH with transducer and a Subtroll/Depth Raider with coated cable, you could have two read outs.  Temp should be OK, but speed likely hard to compare as the different manufacturers speed ranges vary.  I’ve felt that FH tends to be a few tenths faster than a DR for example.  Don’t think two FH’s would work with 2 transducers trying to read two probes at same frequency.  Think it would end up easier moving one probe around to get data.

43 minutes ago, mr 580 said:

If you ran one FH with transducer and a Subtroll/Depth Raider with coated cable, you could have two read outs.  Temp should be OK, but speed likely hard to compare as the different manufacturers speed ranges vary.  I’ve felt that FH tends to be a few tenths faster than a DR for example.  Don’t think two FH’s would work with 2 transducers trying to read two probes at same frequency.  Think it would end up easier moving one probe around to get data.

Frank; Agreed the DR/FH combo was pretty much the scenario i was backing my way into, especially since I have an unused DR probe/display. I even have a rigger with the coated cable (have to admit though ,I was thrilled to get away from the cable technology when I got the 1st FH 840 unit on a boat years ago.) . Reason I originally was looking at a 2nd unit was I thought I needed a new spare probe but turns out it was just leaking a little water into the battery compartment so I was looking at my options. I agree the FH reads a bit faster-hopefully temp comparisons will be easy to figure out.

4 hours ago, FishingFool34 said:

Why not just make your probe rigger your deepest line? That way you should have a really close idea of what your other rigger is in temp-wise. Plus if your probe is your deepest you can run it up and check the temp above it without needing to reset. I think you would have issues trying to run two fishawks and multiple signals on the same frequency (I could be wrong on this). Your best bet you be to run some other brand temp system on the other rigger if you really wanted to do that.

Problem is: time is so of the essence when getting customers on fish especially on tough days. When I'm moving out or in across the depth range and the temp break is changing I frequently feel like I just don't have time to move around the back of the boat having to ask clients to move and doing anything more than I have to do all ready (no mate except the AP). 

I have the Fishhawk X4D Andy. There are guys that have it on here so maybe they will respond. It is pretty pricey with all the probes but very nice to be able to attach a probe to individual lines too. Hopefully someone who has the unit will chime in.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tall Tails said:

I run the FH/DR pair.  DR gets the top of the temp break and FH gets the bottom.  Always a bracket. 

I do the same. I have ask Fish Hawk for a solution but they dont have the ability to run two units yet.

4 hours ago, chowder said:

Interesting... Les, do you have this unit?

I run a sub troll on my rigger and 3 smart troll probes, mixed on a another rigger or 3 dipsys, get all kinds of good temps/depths. Most important is dipseys, you think your here but actually at a  different depth. 

Scott

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sk8man said:

I have the Fishhawk X4D Andy. There are guys that have it on here so maybe they will respond. It is pretty pricey with all the probes but very nice to be able to attach a probe to individual lines too. Hopefully someone who has the unit will chime in.

Yeah, I checked it out. I've had FHs since 2006 so it was a knee jerk reaction to putting one in Emily III when rigging her last year. Had I known then what I've learned about moving around the boat amidst customers and had I known about this multi probe unit then I might have considered changing horses. Hindsight is always 20/20.