Sorry for slacking on reports this season. Life's been hectic this summer! Anyway....over the last few weeks the Offshore bite been humbling at times and very rewarding as well.

Saturday morning - They say "it's not how you start, but rather how you finish!" That was today's motto. We didn't get our first bite until around 9:30am. We then turned a quadruple landing 2/4. After that we dialed in a program, and picked away at them. When it was all said and done we cleaned six Salmon and six Steelbow for these first time customers from Allentown, PA.

This morning we started at the 28N line and trolled to the 34N line. 32-34N was best for us. We found a break around 32N where the thermocline came up 20'. Baits that took multiple fish were:

* Frost Bite down 70' on a downrigger

* Team Dreamweaver Two Face Spin Doctor/ A-Tom-Mik Mfg. shredded Big Fin 200' out on a diver

* Regular sized Dreamweaver Martel by FishUSA on 300' of A-TOM-MIK copper

We fished a leg of the King of the Oak today as well. Our three biggest fish weighed just over 62lbs. It was good for 2nd place!

Saturday afternoon - For our afternoon charter we had some local guys that, more or less, grew up together. We decided to run back out to the 31N line where we left them biting on our morning trip. It was a sloppy ride out there due to the East winds, but we were rewarded with action right from the start. Same program from the morning was working still, which made our job easy.

IMG_20200815_112042.jpegIMG_20200815_185805.jpegIMG_20200815_110549.jpegIMG_20200815_115739.jpegMVIMG_20200815_180013.jpegIMG_20200815_130627.jpegIMG_20200815_192631.jpegIMG_20200815_085712.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 9

Thank you for the report.  It's really nice to hear from experienced captains who have their finger on the pulse daily. I wish that more captains would reach out to us weekend warriors. But like i said, it is a wish.

44 minutes ago, HAWKBOAT said:

Thank you for the report.  It's really nice to hear from experienced captains who have their finger on the pulse daily. I wish that more captains would reach out to us weekend warriors. But like i said, it is a wish.

I'm no daily fisherman. I only fish on the weekends. Just like seeing people catch more fish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1