Oneida lake 8-17-2020

johnnywalleye

Fished from 515am till 1030,32 foe using planer boards. And in line weights,caught 5 eyes and 3 keepers all hit on stick baits wouldn't touch a spoon,so some amazing marks near the bottom in 34 foe reeled everything in and started jigging blade bait and moonshine,,to say the least I was surprised at an 18lbs carb,thought I had a catfish,,,and so long 4 now,John,,ps,smashed my trailer on a floating log I did not see while backing up my trailer in the dark,,,broke the fender,,next to get out and look0817200554.jpeg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Nice report, Johnny. Sorry about your trailer - hope the damages wasn't too bad.

We're heading out Monday for out first ever trip to Oneida (this is a substitute for our annual trip to Canada). Hoping to get some nice walleye.

That carp must have been a bruiser to reel up from deep water. The sheepshead have been keeping my arms warmed up but keeper ‘eyes have been few and far between the shorts.  Haven’t tried trolling yet but seeing many suspended is making it more tempting

Haha Justin you kill me.  Otisco killed me every time out after 6 trips so I’ve been heading to Oneida since late July.  PM me with rates, I’d love to have you take me and my Dad out so we can get a clue as to what we’re doing wrong.  Heading to the Cape in a couple days but will be back Sept.1.