BOAT OVERHAUL...

MINNOWNITE

Hey guys! I seen a few boats that get overhauled/work done to them. Always questions. I have a 1990 Seanymph gls 195 sportfisher. I will be overhauling it this winter. I am thinking of doing a youtube series/LOU series on the build. Getting input and answering questions along the way. My question to ya'll is...Would you like that? or not to big of a desire to see that?

Thank you,

Minnownite Fishing Products

Waldo

• Like 3

I'd like that. I have a '91 GLS that I've had for 13 years now. Love it. If you put a new floor in you might want to consider not putting the two rear seat mounts back in the floor. When I put my floor in a few years ago you could see how water entered the floor around those pedestals and rotted the floor. Love the deep sides and stability of those boats.

River.JPG

I'd like that. I have a '91 GLS that I've had for 13 years now. Love it. If you put a new floor in you might want to consider not putting the two rear seat mounts back in the floor. When I put my floor in a few years ago you could see how water entered the floor around those pedestals and rotted the floor. Love the deep sides and stability of those boats.
River.thumb.JPG.b92b48d3976b0c0c0c7809008e1c46dd.JPG

Yes! X2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you are redoing the floor look into the Greenwood Industries Marine XL plywood or the Sherwood Redek XL. This is the stuff used on modern pontoon boats that is treated and is compatable with alum. Supposedly a lifetime warranty. Overtones and Gander Outdoors has it listed for about $102 for a 3/4 x 4ft x 8 1/2 sheet. Just by the sheet dimensions it appears to be targeted for marine use. Probably the stuff used by Smokercraft now. They also make Starcraft and Sylvan.
I have a 2003 Smokercraft Ultima
192 and a 2013 Sylvan Pontoon. Both have lifetime warrantys on their treated floors.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here's my introductory video! It is a bit lengthy and boring so i apologize. It'll get a lot more interesting. i promise! If i cant get on the water this coming Saturday i'll start tearing into it. With hurricane season here it really creates rough seas on the greatlakes.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

great videos. I would recommend COOSA Board for your project if you are tearing the boat down this far. with 2 layers of fiberglass on each side of the boards  altering the weave you could gain so much strength and reduce weight at the same time while making that boat impervious to water. it is a bit more money but i think easier to work with.  This product will hold no water, never rots. there are videos on youtube  ( boatworks today) that show how he used it to make his side panels and transom. I did my transom this year with it and it worked out great. if you are replacing the flotation foam find the highst density closed cell foam available and you will also eliminate water soaking it. Ebay has  ost of the fiberglass and foam needs. I can send you the info from where i purchased what i used.