What to use on different size flashers and paddles

I have a question for who ever wants to answer it. I have not been on the lake for a while I was going thru all of my gear and found I have a lot of both 8 in spin dr and some 10 in spin drs same goes with E chips I see from a lot of posts that the 12 in E chip is a plus when running meat deep. Which will be fairly new to me. I’m from the dodger squid era . So meat will be a challenge (I used it one time years ago LOL)But are the 8 inch e chips paddles used for meat also or are flies put on instead? I have always run the 8 in spin dr with flies on my wire rods but does any one run the bigger spin dr with flies So I’m kinda lost as what to run with what (flies/meat). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Erin

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I run 8" with flies and meat.  This season 8' paddles have been more productive for me with meat all season.  Bigger paddles with meat and flies have had their days but 8" have been more consistent.  

I use a combination of large and small paddles to see what they want - this year it seemed every day was something different! Typically for me meat can be placed behind any flasher, flies typically behind the 8" spin docs and echips. With so many variables when running meat, often you have to "play" and find what works best - color/pattern/size/shape of attractor and meat head, twinkie rig or clean meat head, type of meat head, "tuning" Rhys heads, leader lengths, leads off the ball or dipsy, down speed, etc. all can play a roll in being successful. 

I run flies on all the sizes not really in tot he meat, it's a pain. I just do 3 times the flasher for my leader to the fly . So on an 8 inch it's like 24" and on a 11 inch paddle it's almost 3 foot ..I make all my leaders alittle over 36 inches when I tie my fly rigs, then when on the water when I need a new one just use the spinner or flasher to measure and tie it. Seems to work well for me

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 8/21/2020 at 8:21 AM, GAMBLER said:

I run 8" with flies and meat.  This season 8' paddles have been more productive for me with meat all season.  Bigger paddles with meat and flies have had their days but 8" have been more consistent.  

I agree. 8” white echip atomic white meat rig is my best. I don’t even use any other size, and spin doctors catch zero for me. 🤷‍♂️ Though I know they work for other people