2020 Reelin for a cure tourney

Friday was the 5th annual Reelin for a cure charity event. As expected it was a bit sporty and the fishing was a grind ( especially when your in a tin can ). My team, " The reel housewives of Orleans county" were able to bring 3 mature fish in the boat. We worked for them though, between the water, the weeds and the fact that all 3 king's wanted to get real stupid at the boat, but we made it happen. Couldn't be happier with my girls performance. The new addition to our team was put at the helm as we beat into them with a mature on, and what a spectacle that was. She did great but that dang fish just wanted to stay outside my outside dipsy.

1 fish came on the outside dipsy - 11" chrome/crush paddle with uv meat head @333 and the other 2 came on the deep rigger with a custom spinny/fly combo that Dreamweaver and A-tom-mik put together specifically for the tourney ( HUGE THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THAT !!!!) Water temp down 100 was 71, but the screen was too good to move on. All in all, we placed 9th with only 3 fish and I'm 110% ok with that, considering the talent at this event.

Stephanie and Capt Vince put on a fantastic event and for such a great cause. Thank you both and thanks to all those that donated. I highly recommend all of you consider fishing it next year. The atmosphere at this event is something to be seen and so different than any other "tournament" I've been to. I've said it a few times, but I'm so humbled to fish with these guys and gals considering my lack of experience and time on the water, not to mention the ship I take these gals out in.

Big congrats to Capt Rick Hajecki and the Yankee troller ladies for the win. Capt Rick pulled a real stand up move by donating the winnings right back to the benefactor which is beyond commendable in my book. His donation will be used to potentially save lives. KUDOS !!!

Looking forward to 2021, come join us !!!

IMG_20200821_211058_469.jpegIMG_20200821_211058_475.jpegIMG_20200821_211058_473.jpegIMG_1307.jpegCutPaste_2020-08-04_18-43-07-607.jpeg

• Like 8

Very nice work! And thats very honorable for rick to do that. All good stuff. 
   What port is reelin for a cure held at? Where can I get details for next year? Definitely something I would like to get involved in, and would trailer my rig out of Mexico to be part of. 

• Like 1

Thanks Andrew!  Your idea of the special Spin Doctor/A-TOM-MIK fly raised a nice chunk as well as caught some beautiful fish. Thank you to Shane Ruboyianes of Dreamweaver and Tom Allen of A-TOM-MIK for helping us with that. Many other generous sponsors have been recognized on "reelin for a cure" facebook page. Steph has still been working each evening finalizing and getting stuff put away. Andrew, landing 3 Matures out of your rig in those conditions is definitely something you and your girls can be proud of!

Very soon(but not until after the benefactor, Breast Cancer Network/Metastatic research is told) the total raised will be revealed. Currently donations are still coming in and shirts being purchased. It can be overwhelming at times for Steph but very gratifying at the same time.

Thank you again to all the participants, sponsors, and donors. Although definitely not expected with teams enduring out of pocket expenses, the thoughtful act by Rick and the Yankee Troller girls to give back will certainly go a long way in helping out the BCN of WNY-Metastatic research organization.

For those looking for more reports from this recent event, or future updates follow on facebook-- reelin for a cure. 

Thanks Andrew!  Your idea of the special Spin Doctor/A-TOM-MIK fly raised a nice chunk as well as caught some beautiful fish. Thank you to Shane Ruboyianes of Dreamweaver and Tom Allen of A-TOM-MIK for helping us with that. Many other generous sponsors have been recognized on "reelin for a cure" facebook page. Steph has still been working each evening finalizing and getting stuff put away. Andrew, landing 3 Matures out of your rig in those conditions is definitely something you and your girls can be proud of!

Very soon(but not until after the benefactor, Breast Cancer Network/Metastatic research is told) the total raised will be revealed. Currently donations are still coming in and shirts being purchased. It can be overwhelming at times for Steph but very gratifying at the same time.

Thank you again to all the participants, sponsors, and donors. Although definitely not expected with teams enduring out of pocket expenses, the thoughtful act by Rick and the Yankee Troller girls to give back will certainly go a long way in helping out the BCN of WNY-Metastatic research organization.

For those looking for more reports from this recent event, or future updates follow on facebook-- reelin for a cure. 

My pleasure ! There is already some ideas being kicked around for the 2021 custom lure.... So stay tuned !

As far as the fishing.....I'd rather be lucky than good, and we def got lucky !

Nothing makes any of us LadyO fisherman happier than seeing the look on somebody's face when a giant Chinook hits the deck. I got that 3x that day, and to get compliments from a guy who does that for a living is beyond encouraging!

• Like 1