Chautauqua Muskie help

Hi Everyone

My name is Hank Flory I live in Pa . My son and I are Muskie fisherman who usually go to Canada for our fall trips . With the border being closed this year we are going to fish Chautauqua the first week of Oct . Any help on the lake would be great . We are staying on the north end . Don't need any spots just general info . My son likes to cast I'm the old guy so I don't mine trolling once in a while LOL . I have a good map and hoping to get a chip for the lake before our trip , we are planning on fishing both ends during the week . If anybody wants they can send me a PM . Also anyone need info for the Kawartha's in Ontario for next year I can help . Thanks in advance . Stay Safe

Hank Flory

Lancaster PA

In October casting and trolling the north end should be productive for you guys. Mayville has a large weedbed good for jerkbaits and gets its fair attention from casters .

Trolling is also productive along the shorelines but don't forget the suspended fish also.

Good luck and hope shes good to you.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Zach . What shape are the weeds in then ? Are they still green or starting to turn ? In the Kawartha's some are starting to get slimey we have to look for the greener ones . On the trolling we have all the depths covered with our lure selection any depths better or just keep looking for bait fish ? Talk to you latter.

We were up this week and weedcutters were out. You should be able to find good green casting weeds in some areas come October while other stretches are dead.

For trolling, its a crap shoot. Depending on barometer and local weather the fish will suspend or hug shorelines. Your gonna have to fish to find out sir.

We were up this week and didn't find much suspended bait, most fish were close to shore. received_591716028182324.thumb.jpeg.b4e2f90b9f405252ed003ba60830281f.jpegreceived_801223247353128.thumb.jpeg.f8a75164e519c5e75bdf64122081faf6.jpeg20200819_111826.thumb.jpeg.ff4c478d47aa9358fa84f70eb4855d2e.jpeg2020-08-18-20-25-08-766.thumb.jpeg.e886f2fb93af34039c3dbc099244e6c6.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1