Had two buddies up for the LOC Derby last weekend.

8/21 Afternoon

Left the launch at 4 pm and headed to 90 FOW. We were surprised to find the water was 72 degrees down 68 feet and stayed that way until we hit 200 FOW. Once we hit 200 FOW we pulled in a small salmon down 90 with a NBK mag spoon. Had a hit on the 75 rigger that turned out to be an Atlantic on a monkey puke mag. Shortly after we had another hit on the 75 rigger that pulled a bunch of line out then got off. 

8/22 Morning

Since the temps weren't right out of Wilson we went to Fort Niagara. Left the launch at 6:15 and headed to the drop off. Set lines in 150 FOW and trolled NNE. Had a our first fish in 170 FOW, small laker on a wire dipsy set to a 3 at 185 feet pulling a green jeans mag spoon. Our next hit came at 264 FOW on a meat rig wire dipsy out 181 feet and ended up being 22 pounds. We trolled out to 350 FOW then pulled lines to try shallow again. Marked a ton of fish between 100 and 125 FOW but only pulled out a few small kings. 

8/22 Afternoon

We launched at Wilson for the afternoon bite and found the down temps to be much more favorable. 48 degrees down 65 over 110 FOW. We pulled in a few small kings and some lake trout. The 270 dipsy on a 3 pulling most in. I,at least, had a game plan for the next day.

8/23 Morning

Launched out of Wilson at 5:45. Headed out to 75 FOW and were set up by 6:10. Had our first hit at 6:40 but dropped it. At 6:55 we pulled in a small king on a dipsy out 155 on a 3 pulling a green jeans spoon. At 7:15 we pulled up a laker on the same set up. At 8:00 we had the 40 rigger pop and after tangling with a few dipsy rods we put a 20 pound king in the boat that hit a dirty white boy mag spoon. We turned North and hit 200 FOW pulling in some small kings. Headed back into 80 FOW around 11:00 and had the 75 rigger pop. Got a 10 pound brown on NBK mag spoon. 

Best set ups of the weekend were;

240 - 270 dipsy on a 3 with any mag spoon

75 rigger with a mag spoon

150 - 180 dipsy on a 3 with a spin doctor and meat rig.

Spoons with some kind of white tape worked well.

F29A03C3-A624-448C-A7C3-EE13BF178CAE.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

• Like 4

Hey, great report!  
   I have been launching out of Fort Niagara and often see what looks like a crazy amount of fish at around 120-140'
on the drop but never seem to get anything out of it.  It drives me nuts every time.  

Yep, me too. They don't bite.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app