Gotta report the bad with the good. Been out 3 times since Thursday in the 400+ NE of IBay. Been a tough bite and got worse each day out despite good conditions. Not marking much in bait or fish and the mature bite had been hard to come by.  Figured I’d post to save some folks time and gas. Good luck everybody. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the report, they are all helpful.  Was out Friday out of Braddock and was 1 for 2.  Little rough for my taste.  The King was right on the bottom in 103FOW with the rigger set at 100 on a white flasher meat rig.  The other one we did not land was on a wire rod at 300ft with a purple flasher fly at 120FOW.  My son went out Saturday for a bit with no luck and talked to a charter captain near the Genny launch who said you had to look way offshore still for fish.

Well oldschoolmate.... That great to hear yet ruined my day!  I set up at 6am in 300FOW, had a nice mark.  two rods fired by 7AM on a north troll, got out to 450.  Saw a few boats out deeper, but screen was dry, trolled back to 300 and out again.  two more his in the next two hours then nota after 9AM.  Felt I should have went anywhere but where I went!

What were you catching and on what if you dont mind sharing?

Well oldschoolmate.... That great to hear yet ruined my day!  I set up at 6am in 300FOW, had a nice mark.  two rods fired by 7AM on a north troll, got out to 450.  Saw a few boats out deeper, but screen was dry, trolled back to 300 and out again.  two more his in the next two hours then nota after 9AM.  Felt I should have went anywhere but where I went!

What were you catching and on what if you dont mind sharing?

3 on meat rigs down 120 and 2 on the wire at 240 on Two Face Spin Dr with a silver and white glow fly. I planed on heading out deep but something on my way out of the channel of the bay told me to start in 120 and work out a little bit. 160-180 was the best. All kings 18-24 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1