I was out of Mexico sunday untill noon. Towards the end of trip I spotted something orange floating a hundred yards away or so. I was in front of the plant 160ft of water. I wonder if that was it.  Only seen it a few min then lost it in the waves and trollin with a 8 rod spread it was tough to turn Around and get up to it. If it was ur board I’m sure it made landfall somewhere around port Ontario. Winds were west/southwest

I was out of Mexico sunday untill noon. Towards the end of trip I spotted something orange floating a hundred yards away or so. I was in front of the plant 160ft of water. I wonder if that was it.  Only seen it a few min then lost it in the waves and trollin with a 8 rod spread it was tough to turn Around and get up to it. If it was ur board I’m sure it made landfall somewhere around port Ontario. Winds were west/southwest

I lost it first thing in the morning out in front of the twin stack plant in oswego, that could of been it, thanks for replying, maybe I’ll get lucky a lot of great people in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I lost one about 6 weeks ago in same location.  Had my name and number on it, double keel.  it was found north of Sandy.  I pick up this weekend, still in great condition.  I also did see an orange object  in front of salmon river around noon.  Hope you have the same luck.

I believe the older keels were made of aluminum,therefore the keels had a full weight and the second keel had a half weight.They are now made from stainless and have a half weight on one keel and no weight on the second keel.At least that's the way mine are.They are quite heavy and act like they would sink also.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not an engineer but do you think if the keel and a half do sink something could be added for a little floatation on top of the board to prevent this without affecting performance.  Maybe a styrofoam block.