Quick solo outing with my pup from 6:00-7:30 to beat the rain. 2 for 2 on kings in 105 FOW down 80' with a salmon candy Warrior spoon off the downriggers. Temp was 52 down 80 feet and no current going with the waves or against. Reeling one of the kings while driving into the waves was a challenge, maybe time to justify autopilot..... Missed all the rain and when i came in was the only truck in the lot, weird to see Sandy empty. 

1k8.27.JPG

k8.27.jpg

t8.27.jpg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Good going. The dog looks like one of the folks that checks boats for invasives on the Finger Lakes:lol:

hahaha its funny i use to be the guy that sat at Taughannock checking boats when i was a undergrad in 2013. I guess i taught her well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErieBuck said:

Impressive work solo without autopilot! I can’t imagine. How many lines did you have out?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

One on each downrigger and a leadcore down the chute. Leadcore sits up on top of my t top so its out of the way when the downriggers go off. It was a bit of a rodeo moving rods around and trying to pull up the down riggers while driving and keeping the line tight, once it gets to the back of the boat and the net comes out all hell brakes loose..... but having a center console makes it easier to manage

Edited by Great_Laker

Curious to what you guys are using... I fish alone often and went with the Fell Marine product, MOB+. $200, pretty easy to install. I Wear a fob on a watch-like wristband that connects via Bluetooth and kills the motor if you go in the sauce. Customer service is awesome - I had to troubleshoot occasional loss of signal which was solved by adding a little antenna. They pick up the phone on Sunday! Good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

good on you for the vest too, did you ever find a remote kill switch you liked / was reasonable?

BW..... you know my kill switch is the dog pulling the cord. Easier than teaching her to get another beer from the fridge! But yes I need to get the MOB+ it’s a drop in the bucket for the loss of the boat or life.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United