New GPS Unit...Raymarine RC435

WOW .... I'm looking for a GPS unit and this looks really tempting. Hope to hear more on what guys think of it on here. From all I've read on this board Raymarine is well thought of along with Furuno. Last week there was thread that revealed a close out price on the Raymarine DS600X which got me twitching and from what I'm reading this GPS unit is a match with it. I just put a Lowrance color unit on my boat last year...... decisions decisions :o

I received the new unit yesterday (quick shipping, only took 2 days to get here) and it looks sweeet! 8) It came with pre-loaded maps (Gold version) and an external antenna with mount. I think I am going to be very happy with this unit.... I don't know if it has the latest software update yet (will have to see when the unit turns on), but here is the website for the update in case anyone else needs it:

http://raymarine.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/r ... _topview=1

it has a 6" screen so it will do me right i do believe. For the price on the unit I could not pass it up. Raymarine is a very well known brand. I also havent herd any bad remarks about it either. so I went with it. Just looking to upgrade the chip for the great lakes in it. Any ideas for it

Kingfish,

I just picked one up over the weekend from Hodges for $245.....you just can't beat the price.

Nonetheless, get the Navionics Gold 14 chip for our Great Lakes region.

Good luck,

-Chris

momay4000,

That is were i picked mine up from and i got the ds600x from another website for 325 so i cant beat it it is a steal exscpecially when money is tight to get two great units for really cheap. It was a fabulous steal.....

were do u by the card at though.. Cant find it