Started in 85' water, dropped probe to 75', 74 degree water, uh oh!! Around 90-95 found 52 degree water over 130'. First fish on a mountain dew spun doctor with green hulk fly. Marking fish around the 85'-100' one 135'. Fish here, just being tight mouthed. Solo run, will throw up more info as it happens. KIMG0111.jpeg

Sent from my E6910 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Mine is electrical interference. The Helix 9 right beside it doesn't act up since I put a filter on the power side. The kicker has a charging system that interferes with graphs. Not a true DC signal when charging. It's not sonar interference from another boat. I've never had that issue. Only time that happened is when I was ice fishing with my 7 and another friend was set up real close when we were jigging. Then you use the settings to tune the interference down. I have my Helix transducers on the back and the Fish hawk sender all on the same side about 6" apart. The Helix 7 is angled to try to keep riggers on screen when current isn't absurd. 

I've had good luck using a ferrite ring, sometimes you may have to go with a inline filter for car stereo equipment. I have a clamp on style. wrapped wire twice worked on the 9. My enemy is everything is routed down the same side of the boat. I tried separating the power and transducer cables best I could, but then the kicker and its system interferes. I see Humminbird has a power cable with a ferrite bead now. Of course, more money! Why not include it on all power cables?? We pay enough for the damn things!! 

6 hours ago, Team Perch Lake Effect said:

I've had good luck using a ferrite ring, sometimes you may have to go with a inline filter for car stereo equipment. I have a clamp on style. wrapped wire twice worked on the 9. My enemy is everything is routed down the same side of the boat. I tried separating the power and transducer cables best I could, but then the kicker and its system interferes. I see Humminbird has a power cable with a ferrite bead now. Of course, more money! Why not include it on all power cables?? We pay enough for the damn things!! 

Very interesting. My boat has been a nightmare with electrical interference. I fixed a lot of it with some re-routing but still have trouble with the graphs while running the kicker salmon trolling. Unfortunately they don't make the filtered cable for the Solix. I'm going to try the ferrite ring though.

Thanks!