Winter steelhead....mount

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS WORK! I always admire the work of a true "artist" in creating a fish mount of such high standards. Years back I had a gorgous fish done by Paul DeAngelos (who flew the coop???) and yours truly is "First Class" You will be busy.. Thanks for sharing!

WOW!!

Awesome job. In addition to the other questions here, here is one from a Newbie.

I just caught my Whopper _____ (fill in blank with species of fish). If I am interested in getting a mount done, what do I have to do in order to ensure proper preperation? I am sure there is more to it than throw it in my cooler and arrange to meet or bring the fish to you.

That "How much per Inch" question really got me thinking. Cost estimates please.

WOW!!

Awesome job. In addition to the other questions here, here is one from a Newbie.

I just caught my Whopper _____ (fill in blank with species of fish). If I am interested in getting a mount done, what do I have to do in order to ensure proper preperation? I am sure there is more to it than throw it in my cooler and arrange to meet or bring the fish to you.

That "How much per Inch" question really got me thinking. Cost estimates please.

Hi Dave,

I'd rather not do "cost estimates" over the internet. Drop me an email through my website or send me a PM.

As far as care for the fish before you take it to the taxidermist....

--As soon as the fish is boated try not to handle it more than absolutely necessary. I use a small bat to kill the fish quickly. Letting them flop around in the cooler is not going to help matters.

--Once you decide to get the fish mounted, try to get it in a large bag or, better yet, wrap in in a WET towel and lay in back on the ice in the cooler.

--Once home, if the fish cannot be delivered that day, lay the fish flat in a freezer and freeze. Leave the towel and/or bag on. Once completely frozen you can either ship it or deliver it to your taxidermist at your leisure.

GOOD LUCK to everyone this season!

Paul

www.tristatetaxidermy.com

Paul -

Your mounts are second to none that I have ever seen - very well done :yes: Can you tell me if you can do mounts without needing the fish itself (i.e., fish is caught, measured, picture taken and then released)?

Thanks

Chad

Thanks for the compliments guys....I'm blushing now :$:$

Chad...reproductions can easily be done without the fish. There are a number of suppliers that have some tremendous blanks. The quality is simply outstanding.

To do one all I need is a length ( and possibly girth) measurement on the fish and any pics you might have. The pics aren't really necessary unless the fish had an abnormal color or strange spot pattern that you wanted reproduced.

Chad--- I sent you an email the other day through the "Contact us" link and haven't heard back from you. Could you let me know if you recieved it?

Thanks again,

Paul