This time of year inside is always the default.
Off shore will get you numbers if you can fish there but imo more derby fish
are caught inside out of temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I wish you guys all the best fishing for the LOC. As for me, my engine has developed a strange knocking sound, which helped me decide that my fishing season is over and the season of pulling the engine and putting it on an engine stand has started. It is a good thing that I enjoy puttering.

Out of Sandy on Wednesday and Friday evenings, there were rosie bellied kings laying in 80 - 110 fow. Rubber meat behind a white SD put the most in the boat. Temp was pretty much 80 - 90 down. I'm hoping they won't go far with the blow...…we got a nice brown on the rubber meat 5 feet off the bottom in 90 also. 

• Like 1

I wish you guys all the best fishing for the LOC. As for me, my engine has developed a strange knocking sound, which helped me decide that my fishing season is over and the season of pulling the engine and putting it on an engine stand has started. It is a good thing that I enjoy puttering.
Ugh !!! Better to have it fixed than be stranded out there !

One of the potential problems is that when there has been a strong wind from anything north it can take time for it to calm down even when the wind lets up as the waves still keep coming

Edited by Sk8man

I’m off Wednesday, will be my only shot at derby fishing this fall. Oh well, things happen.
As of now the wind looks favorable but could be rainy, stormy. Should know more in a day or so.
I run an open center console with no top so not much fun if it’s rainy.
Should it be fishable and I go you’re welcome to come as long as you hold at least a day pass for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United