What a week

Last Monday  evening when I returned to the dock I had permission to use i found another boat tied to my dock ropes. I went to the nearby restaurant and asked them to move their boat.  The punks got belligerent but did move their  boat.  However they came  back  later that night and untied my boat and let it drift away.  It bounced down the docks and luckily wedged in a boatyard. Not too much damage. They  had an easily identifiable boat and it didn't take the Sheriff too long to  find them. Probably  nothing will happen to them.

I had a similar thing happen to me except  no confrontation with anyone , people decided to have a party in my docked boat at Carey's cove in Sodus, and dropped multiple downrigger balls and cracked the fiberglass and when they got done just untied it and let it drift out in the bay and got a call from the coast guard at 400am saying your boat was found adrift in the bay...... 

• Like 1

Wow.  That would be my life sentence. Hope all ended well with that situation. 

On 8/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, High Bidder said:

Last Monday  evening when I returned to the dock I had permission to use i found another boat tied to my dock ropes. I went to the nearby restaurant and asked them to move their boat.  The punks got belligerent but did move their  boat.  However they came  back  later that night and untied my boat and let it drift away.  It bounced down the docks and luckily wedged in a boatyard. Not too much damage. They  had an easily identifiable boat and it didn't take the Sheriff too long to  find them. Probably  nothing will happen to them.

Wow.  That would be my life sentence. Hope all ended well with that situation. 

Right? I don’t do well with theft. Couple times I encountered it I’m lucky I didn’t get jammed up.
I do worse with vandalism, disrespect of property, not a fan.
The more people suffer the consequences of their actions, the less they’re apt to repeat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Right? I don’t do well with theft. Couple times I encountered it I’m lucky I didn’t get jammed up.
I do worse with vandalism, disrespect of property, not a fan.
The more people suffer the consequences of their actions, the less they’re apt to repeat it.

Absolutely.  Just thinkin of this situation has my blood boiling.  If it was my boat a drift in the marina, someone is goin have more serious problems then just a couple months/years in the pen. 

Unfortunately, we are more likely to end up in the pen ourselves if we take "consequences" into our own hands, no matter how temping or righteous it seems. The world isn't just. Scumbags get away with evil sh$t. That's why we all need to watch each other's back and be aware of what's going on around us. At some point, somebody at the marina had an opportunity to intervene. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we are more likely to end up in the pen ourselves if we take "consequences" into our own hands, no matter how temping or righteous it seems. The world isn't just. Scumbags get away with evil sh$t. That's why we all need to watch each other's back and be aware of what's going on around us. At some point, somebody at the marina had an opportunity to intervene. 

Dealing with alcoholics you can expect that. It is best to report it to the police , they can pick up some court pay to fix things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Not me. Touch my stuff and I’m going to touch back. Bottom line.

I will say thou. Im in salmon country,my slip is the dock The paying public uses for launchin there boats. So theres alot of people on my dock from day to day. My tournament partner went to the captains meeting for the little salmon shootout and went on my boat to put the paperwork on the dash.  He was on the boat for 2min and Bob the owner cane flyin down on his golf cart askin who,what,and why are u on this boat. Really gave me a sense of security. I have a good idea whos boat is whos’ around me and I can spot suspicious activity a mile away.  I wouldnt think twice about askin someone if  thats your boat or what are u doin.  I do agree with Gator. we all gotta keep an eye out for skumbags screwin with others gear/boat. 

Edited by Hachimo

The security cameras  didn't have a good enough  picture to prove who released my boat. The description of the perfs  boat got around to all the marinas. They will probably have a difficult time getting gas for their boat. Even though I thought about it I didn't make any threats. Since I've been coming here for 18 years I have met a lot nice people. Many charter captains especially. This is the first time I ever had a problem. 

• Like 1

The security cameras  didn't have a good enough  picture to prove who released my boat. The description of the perfs  boat got around to all the marinas. They will probably have a difficult time getting gas for their boat. Even though I thought about it I didn't make any threats. Since I've been coming here for 18 years I have met a lot nice people. Many charter captains especially. This is the first time I ever had a problem. 
Do you mind sharing the description of the boat?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I really don't want to give a boat description because there are probably more boats the same make and color and I wouldn't want someone to accuse the wrong person. I'll just have to see how it plays out with the Sheriff's Dept. They know who it is and they are on notice.

• Like 1