Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

This morning was my last charter of the 2020. Great year on the big pond, sad to see it go but I am ready for the deer season. Spent the afternoon going through gear and shooting the bow. I need to get everything organized and gear washed. Clock is ticking...

I don't know whether this is a good omen or not. We just got back from the ADK on Saturday, and I was finishing woods work yesterday when, as I was setting a chair into a platform blind, I caught a glimpse of bone out the window. I turned to see a really nice buck make his way through an open goldenrod field 25 yards away and into some pines. My fat fingers fumbled the phone and I failed to get a photo (say that one three times fast, lol). This was around 3:30 in the afternoon. But later that evening I had this photo come through on my cell cam.

image.thumb.png.4b8c83204b10f4d4578ccf9d7d0ec255.png

I also wanted to shout out to all my buddies who pitched in while I was gone to replace the windows in the tower blinds and put a new roof onto one of them. It's great when friends exceed expectations! I very much appreciate all the help I've had this year getting the properties ready to go - you guys know who you are - and I look forward to seeing everybody enjoying the fruits of their labor this fall. Meliora!

• Like 3

I hung a new stand last week and noticed as I was hanging it that the tree right next to me that I was leaning on was covered in poison ivy. Next morning I woke up with poison ivy all over the left side of my neck and face. That’s always a fun time! Anyway, it’s going to be a nice set. Looking forward to the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Me too. My tree was covered in poison ivy. By time I realized it I had already been breaking the vines and removing them as I climbed up. It's on my wrists. I went to dermatologist last year for same thing and he gave me this steroid cream. It was the only thing that worked. 1600692496092.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Definitely looking forward to the season. I have a new bow, new food plots and some nice new sets that should produce nicely. Approximately 10000000000 does and fawns on the property with only small bucks for now. But come mid September some cruising bruisers will show up. Just an FYI, I have started to place "licking" vine scraps all around my property with a 5' section of vine and the deer are hammering it. Bucks, does and fawns are hitting each one with their orbital glands every day. Hoping that these will be the deal sealers on some big ones come late October.
What do you use as a lure in the scrape? A dripping Gizmo?

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

20 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

Anyone know if Dicks Sporting Goods has Sitka gear? I'm going to order bibs and a jacket but really want to try them on before ordering.

Runnings does. Not a huge selection but I think they normally have the Stratus and sometimes the Fanatic.

I went with the Stratus pants and jacket a couple years ago. I like the Stratus better for layering.

Having a cold beer looking at deer in the backyard eating stuff you planted? Awesome.
One doe getting done early this year, maybe two. Need snack sticks and jerky.
Haven’t had them done at Wilson’s Beef Farm in a while but will be trying them soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

9 hours ago, strutnrut62 said:

IMG_1585.JPG
Had 3 day window to get away so drove out to new Hampshire to try break the ice for 2020 and first morning sit at 8 am I had this buck come in threw a soft. Grunt to him and that’s all it wrote 37 yard shot 80 yard recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

First one on the board for 2020!

• Like 1