Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

FYI, Matt - military, first responders, and public school teachers can save beaucoup $$ on Sitka Gear by joining LeoAdventures. It's legit. Lots of backers on RokSlide site. Only active duty are eligible.

My Big and Beasty plot is getting hammered. It is next to a corn field, and I think every deer in the 800 acre swamp is tracking through it on their way out. There is not a top that's unbrowsed. I was there on Sunday and thought what the heck because it hadn't seemed to grow much over the past two weeks while we were away. I love the setup, now the wait.

Today is the day. Hoping to get one more stand to hung before the season starts. It should have been done at the end of last season but better late than never. I probably should hang a camera in there also but ill have to wait and see what it all looks like. Its the spot I hunted during the late season last year and had multiple encounters (3 exactly) with a shooter but could never get a clean shot. I know where the stand needs to go so midday today Ill sneak in there and get it hung. It is a loooooooooong way off the road so it makes it tough.

Me too. My tree was covered in poison ivy. By time I realized it I had already been breaking the vines and removing them as I climbed up. It's on my wrists. I went to dermatologist last year for same thing and he gave me this steroid cream. It was the only thing that worked. 1600692496092.thumb.jpeg.4d6853aa6bd9e953ff908c5fe5affa9c.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good tip on treatment of poison ivy.
I was taught by a neighbor a cpl years back that poison ivy is very oily when it gets on your skin. After any day in the woods if you treat your hands arms etc like they have grease on them, wash with degreasing soap and warm water you will not develop the rash. I work in it all the time and haven’t gotten the rash since starting this practice. Don’t forget to wash your clothes as well as they carry the oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

Just wanted to pop in and say hey to everybody here getting that itch and boy do I need to scratch it!!! Been a busy year at Marina and lots of time in the woods preparing for our short season.... I’ll be out opening day just because it’s opening day ... you Gota put your time in... here’s a few pictures only two on my hit list so far but this can change in a moments notice!!! Best of luck to all out look forward to seeing all the big bucks taking this year.IMG_5953.JPGIMG_5952.JPGAdjustments.JPGIMG_6100.JPGIMG_6094.JPG

• Like 1

Great stuff Tom. It’s going to be awesome.

Something different about this year.

With all the nonsense in the world today

Sitting in a tree stand with my bow sounds pretty cool.

Great stuff Tom. It’s going to be awesome.
Something different about this year.
With all the nonsense in the world today
Sitting in a tree stand with my bow sounds pretty cool.

Can’t wait and yes going to have a different peace for sure

15 hours ago, Pa223 said:

Good tip on treatment of poison ivy.
I was taught by a neighbor a cpl years back that poison ivy is very oily when it gets on your skin. After any day in the woods if you treat your hands arms etc like they have grease on them, wash with degreasing soap and warm water you will not develop the rash. I work in it all the time and haven’t gotten the rash since starting this practice. Don’t forget to wash your clothes as well as they carry the oil.

I watched this video a number of years ago and it helped me understand it. Its a game changer when it comes to dealing with poison ivy!!