Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

The lone big doe figured out something the others didn’t. Ate a bit but never at ease. Finally blew and off they went. Wind is light but definitely swirling.
Excited for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That video Rob posted is the bomb. I use Technu cleaner, but I also have a pack of washcloths that are dedicated to cleaning up after working in the woods. Hint: purchase a large pack at Lowes - I have a pack for the boat and one for home - and sacrifice the washcloth when you're done. For less than a dollar, it's cheap insurance. Don't try to wash it with you regular laundry, though! You might not like how your underwear feel afterward.

18 minutes ago, Gator said:

That video Rob posted is the bomb. I use Technu cleaner, but I also have a pack of washcloths that are dedicated to cleaning up after working in the woods. Hint: purchase a large pack at Lowes - I have a pack for the boat and one for home - and sacrifice the washcloth when you're done. For less than a dollar, it's cheap insurance. Don't try to wash it with you regular laundry, though! You might not like how your underwear feel afterward.

It was a game changer for me for sure. Im not terribly allergic but still I never enjoy getting it. I always seem to get it in august and sept checking stands. I always wear long sleeves, pants, and gloves now. Once im home i scrub my arms and hands with dawn dish soap. Dish soap does a great job of breaking down oils.

3 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Tomorrow is the first day in the saddle (literally). Cant wait! Even my 5 year old is shooting like a pro out of it! Good luck this season everyone. Screenshot_20200926-220501_Gallery.jpeg

Thats awesome!

Sitting here getting everything organized in my pack, staging my bow, and picking through hunting clothes to go in the bin. 'Ill be honest. It doesn't feel like deer season starts tomorrow. 2020 has just flown by even in the water down version we are forced to live in. I certainly don't feel prepared. But maybe I never do. I always feel like there was more I should have done but then again its impossible to anticipate everything. Adapting on the fly and making the right adjustments is what it is all about anyways. Early season always leads to opportunity but I have yet to shoot a buck in the first two weeks of October since they move the opening day to October 1 and last year was a perfect example of that. 

Good luck to everyone. Let the fun begin. 

• Like 2

The games have begun. We decided we
Weren’t going to do all day sits just yet due to lack of daytime deer movement on our cameras. Got out of stand at 1130 to be back at camp for lunch at 12. While there my phone goes off and wouldn’t you know it...... IMG_9102.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bout time said:

The games have begun. We decided we
Weren’t going to do all day sits just yet due to lack of daytime deer movement on our cameras. Got out of stand at 1130 to be back at camp for lunch at 12. While there my phone goes off and wouldn’t you know it...... IMG_9102.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

The first day has gotta be an all dayer......