Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Beautiful deer.  Great job. I will say , the last picture has a LOT of familiar looking 3 leaf plants. Shower soon..

Good news is Tommy has a little but not bad. Billy has none at all.
There was so much around his stand it looked like someone planted it lol. IMG_1648.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Last night's sit was a complete bust. Two fawns. Maybe it was just the day, or maybe the pack of 'yotes we heard the evening before made it onto my property. There was zero movement on the cell cams all day. Based on the yipping, I'd say that there were over half-a-dozen dogs in the pack. It was surreal.

With a warming trend on the horizon,  and a moon, expect that poor daytime deer movement pattern to carry thru the weekend. Time to work the dogs on some grouse. 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

Agreed, funny thing is though there may have had been rideable snow amounts in the southern zone 2 out of the past 10 years during this time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 10/6/2020 at 9:11 PM, Frogger said:

That’s a great photo Bill. Glad he didn’t get the itch too bad.

When younger I could sit in it touch it etc. without consequences but once I did have a reaction to it (throwing cut trees through a chipper without a shirt on and getting a bad case of it :o)  I became highly sensitized thereafter. There seems to be a reverse tolerance for it (i.e. increased sensitization with subsequent exposure so he may need to be real careful around it.

Edited by Sk8man

Deer season is way to long. I am happy with the snowmobile club decision. All weapons hunting should end Dec 1.MO I run beagles and hunt other small game as well. If you haven't got your fill of deer with the 3 months we have now maybe your shouldn't be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brucehookedup said:

Deer season is way to long. I am happy with the snowmobile club decision. All weapons hunting should end Dec 1.MO I run beagles and hunt other small game as well. If you haven't got your fill of deer with the 3 months we have now maybe your shouldn't be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am all for 1 buck. Season is long. If you want more deer shoot does. There are a lot of them.

I am all for 1 buck. Season is long. If you want more deer shoot does. There are a lot of them.

I agree with you Brian, Cash is king and so is Cuomo, as for me just being here is everything, if I get one great, bonus!! I’ve hunted one place for 43 years. This camp is my sanctuary. I’m all for an extension on our season. I feel it’s too short, I’m here in 8r now got in tree at 0625 at 0630 I had a giant at ten yards I could barely see , nothing like it .... beats a hospital bed.

• Like 4

I agree with you Brian, Cash is king and so is Cuomo, as for me just being here is everything, if I get one great, bonus!! I’ve hunted one place for 43 years. This camp is my sanctuary. I’m all for an extension on our season. I feel it’s too short, I’m here in 8r now got in tree at 0625 at 0630 I had a giant at ten yards I could barely see , nothing like it .... beats a hospital bed.

IMG_6006.JPG

• Like 3

October 8 pm
57 degrees
Partly sunny
NW wind 5-15

Hunted a new set tonight. I hung it maybe a month ago. Truly looks promising.
Walking in this afternoon I hung a new camera. As I went to turn the camera on a buck busted out of the corn and ran by me. He was close enough to touch. 1.5 year old and apparently he was being chased by another 1.5 year old that also emerged from the corn. His antlers were tangle with a tree branch and a vine. Pretty funny to see. 3 little bucks this afternoon along with the does.

IMG_20201008_161204802_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

First sit of the season for me. Beautiful crisp morning, with deer on their feet. Had a few does work the fence line about 100 yards to the right of me at first light. About 10 minutes later I caught movement about 80 yards to my left out came 2 does in a spike came out into the beans. One doe worked to 37 yards, and I let her have it. Veal parm baby. Off to work by 9AM. Time to wait for a big buck.

• Like 3