Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Well...I'm in a tree stand so I guess I can't complain but...
1. I wish I had my binoculars (forgot them in the truck)
2. The wind could chill the f*** out
3. Could we turn the heat down? 67 degrees is a bit warm

Saw a herd of turks on the way in. I'm expecting most of the action will be in the last hour.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oswego county wind is ripping and temp is 55 but feels like 30s as it’s going right through me. A good sway in my tree, and not even a squirrel to be seen. 30 more minutes hoping for something to show itself

‘Bout Time
Mike

Food plot in the backyard has been fun to watch. Flat heads and young bucks so far but after the rut, when it’s freezing and snows flying, I bet we see some big guys. IMG_1661.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Whaler, I can picture myself rising out of your turnips like snoopy posing as the “Great Pumpkin”, only I am dressed like Rambo with a full belt of 50 cal. and I begin mowing down an entire herd of deer ( I need to start my deer season). 

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 1

Whaler, I can picture myself rising out of your turnips like snoopy posing as the “Great Pumpkin”, only I am dressed like Rambo with a full belt of 50 cal. and I begin mowing down an entire herd of deer ( I need to start my deer season). 

Ok, that was good....

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gill-T said:

I can picture myself rising out of turnips like snoopy posing as the “Great Pumpkin”, only I am dressed like Rambo with a full belt of 50 cal. and I begin mowing an entire herd of deer. 

Speaking of pumpkins, how was your harvest Whaler?!

Ended up with about four dozen pretty pumpkins. Left a dozen out for the deer but although they have had some action the deer seem to prefer the turnip tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOLY DIVER said:

Made a meme of myself to help other hunters overcome happy finger.  

Best of luck to all! 

20201013_102544.thumb.jpg.c9d461596e29337833494d93a939aca7.jpg

OMG!! That is great. And so, so true...you could do one for "where I thought I shot him" vs "where I actually shot him" with a Texas heart shot meme, too, lol

October 13 pm
62 degrees
Part sunny
West wind 15 mph becoming calm

Had an encounter with a stud tonight but unfortunately it wasn't until 715. Had him within 15 yards of the stand. Ugh. Not even sure which buck it was because it was too dark. Ill check the camera the next time I'm there.
Deer everywhere this afternoon. Once 530 hit deer began pouring out the the cut soy beans. I'm guessing I saw close to forty. Six bucks. Two shooters (the one I had visit the stand in the dark and a big eight across the field from me). Good night of action. Some chasing. Does are starting to get a bit edgy.

IMG_20201013_181919840.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Fun night in the stand with my son.  Slow to start but had some activity around 6:00.  We heard something sneeze (not blow or snort an all out sneeze).  I look over and six doe are milling to our south in the brush.  I watched a doe sneeze again shaking her head.  They were continuing our way until something caught their attention back to the South.  The biggest doe in the group started trotting north right past the window of the blind.  6 doe slid by and then a big rack appeared above the golden rod!  Nice buck walks out at 50 yds and followed the doe to the Northwest.  No shot because he was too far but a great night for Brayden and I.  

• Like 2