Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I agree with all of the posts about the general lack of movement yesterday. We saw deer in the evening, but nothing rutty. My prediction - like lots of folks - was that this would be THE week. It's still possible, but if so then all he$$ needs to break loose fast. Maybe today is the day.

Yup. A lot of believers with the full moon on Halloween. Personally ill bet on the first 2 week of November.

• Like 2

No movement on cans last night other than a coyote
As I’m just getting out of the Jeep my camera at the stand I’m heading in to starts going off
He beat me through Adjustments.thumb.JPG.c675a190f37cd72c3e9a9c7ebabfa4ca.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

It would be much easier if they stuck to the script!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 2

I agree with all of the posts about the general lack of movement yesterday. We saw deer in the evening, but nothing rutty. My prediction - like lots of folks - was that this would be THE week. It's still possible, but if so then all he$$ needs to break loose fast. Maybe today is the day.

Camera activity was great all night in 8r and this morning has not been a disappointment, 4 doe being chased by a 4 and a decent 8 rutted up grunting the whole time good to see !! It’s always a tad earlier in the southern tier..36 degrees here at dawn . good luck to all

• Like 2

Your kid talks some mean turkey!

Today was not the day. Didn't even see a buck. Honestly, the past two seasons at our property near Northampton Park have been a drastic change from the first three or four. Many less deer overall, doe numbers are way down, and I don't know why. Food source? Local farmer with nuisance permits? Construction on Rt 31? All night lights on the corner (it's like an airport over there)? My dog tearing the place up once in a while during the summer months? Or maybe increased coyote numbers? Cameras don't lie. And neither do multiple sits with no sightings. Whatever is going on, the place has rotted the past two seasons. We've put a lot of work into it, just to have a nice place to sit in the woods.

Today was not the day. Didn't even see a buck. Honestly, the past two seasons at our property near Northampton Park have been a drastic change from the first three or four. Many less deer overall, doe numbers are way down, and I don't know why. Food source? Local farmer with nuisance permits? Construction on Rt 31? All night lights on the corner (it's like an airport over there)? My dog tearing the place up once in a while during the summer months? Or maybe increased coyote numbers? Cameras don't lie. And neither do multiple sits with no sightings. Whatever is going on, the place has rotted the past two seasons. We've put a lot of work into it, just to have a nice place to sit in the woods.

It’s all the old spice you wear out there...

3 big does came running past the stand looking back, I stood up thought a buck was coming  pulled back 2 coyote came running behind them got one at 30 yards..  have more pictures then deer on the piece of property.. 

54AC7D96-8B1F-4DBA-A576-06C71CF16D29.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gator said:

I cant imagine numbers are down over there. I would blame it on food. My buddy hunted there for years and deer would travel for a good food source.

I had to go find it in the thick stuff, got lost and fell twice. Thought they were going to have to bury me with the bird.
I’m getting old!
Back in the blind but probably scared away every deer for miles.

• Like 1