Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

After seeing the manner on how my brother”s and Joe”s bucks were taken, I am going to sit on a log at lunch time on a pinch point!!!

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 2

Me neither!! my dream was always a big 10! He haunted me I never even picked up my bow with a deer if i saw it wasn't him this year. besides one doe because she decided to blow at me [emoji23]

We got a real tape on him to get a green score! Added the # sheet if anyone cares.

I saw a buck at a distance at 3 and nothing after.
Was planning on hunting a spot but when I got there they were cutting the corn which wouldn’t work.
Plan B was uneventful but still pretty cool.

Joe I can’t get the image of your buck out of my head.
Someday

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
1104201845.jpeg1104201844.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Deffinitely a lot pf time thinking about his bedding. Staying out of the property till he felt comfortable enough to come out in the daylight. Hunted food plot this morn only saw a spike. So got down to a pinch point to eat lunch. 5 minutes later he comes walking by! Put my lunch down and grabbed my bow as I was on the ground. So waited till he was behind a. Tree drew and stopped him in an 18yd opening with not a twig between us! Got to get an exact tape but we rough scored him over 170 [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] got to wait the drying period now! 45267.thumb.jpeg.a23513b84b9b32c5eb6a781321af878e.jpeg45265.thumb.jpeg.10ae6dda5b12a7da446d4fd6137c49bf.jpeg1104201239a.thumb.jpeg.34d78e4157a166bec13548cceaa01796.jpeg45273.thumb.jpeg.1f2f06cebdce4a52815019775510b018.jpeg

What an absolute giant Joe !!! Congratulations again

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, machzrcr said:

Thanks guys! Deffinitely a lot pf time thinking about his bedding. Staying out of the property till he felt comfortable enough to come out in the daylight. Hunted food plot this morn only saw a spike. So got down to a pinch point to eat lunch. 5 minutes later he comes walking by! Put my lunch down and grabbed my bow as I was on the ground. So waited till he was behind a. Tree drew and stopped him in an 18yd opening with not a twig between us! Got to get an exact tape but we rough scored him over 170 emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.png got to wait the drying period now! 45267.thumb.jpeg.a23513b84b9b32c5eb6a781321af878e.jpeg45265.thumb.jpeg.10ae6dda5b12a7da446d4fd6137c49bf.jpeg1104201239a.thumb.jpeg.34d78e4157a166bec13548cceaa01796.jpeg45273.thumb.jpeg.1f2f06cebdce4a52815019775510b018.jpeg

Remeber you were asking if you should hunt the 130" buck ? 

9 hours ago, Gill-T said:

After seeing the manner on how my brother”s and Joe”s bucks were taken, I am going to sit on a log at lunch time on a pinch point!!!

No kidding! Apparently sitting is tree stands is for rookies!

November 5 pm
73 degrees
SW wind 10-15 mph
Sunny

Wow a ton of action this pm after 4. Deer everywhere and more importantly active bucks. Saw over 25 deer and ten were bucks. 7 little guys, one 2.5 year old, and two good ones. Saw a ton of chasing and surprisingly most was done by the two big bucks in the field. Saw some scraping, lots of posturing, even saw two bucks working a rub. Pretty intense night for sure.

IMG_20201104_150519353.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yesterday afternoons hunt

I saw movment 140 yds away on the ridge across from me,it was a buck and he looked good with the breif glance I got of him as he slipped across the bank and out of sight.
Now what happened next is something I have never seen nor experience in all my years of hunting!
As he slips out of sight I grab my grunt call and give 3 loud deep grunts. Next thing I see is a flash of brown 142 yds away come barreling towards me,he turned and came running at full speed he went down into the gully and up over the crest on my side he runs over and straight at me he stops about 70 yards away dead i n front of me. He's looking and starts to walk right at me,
He stops again and he starts looking in to the hardwoods beyond me and to his right. I have had 2 squirrels chasing each other around all afternoon so I figured he hears them russeling in the leaves. He turns towards the hardwoods and strts to walk that way but on an angle stil in my direction. I hit the grunt again once he id in the woods and he stops and looks but move forward and the I see the doe that had gotten his attention away from me .
He runs at her and she eludes him and starts walking right towards me! great she is going to walk out right on the run past my tree I think!
Nope my bad luck kicks back in and the buck runs at her again and she bolts back in the opposite direction from my and he follows her away through the hardwoods towards the front of the property.

The buck ended up walking past a camera I had on front of the property(time is 1 hr off)

Mendon grunt buck.jpg

Edited by dvdegeorge
  • Like 2

Glad to see that the warm temps didn’t keep the activity down last night, I had deer around me as well. Let’s hope the need to procreate is stronger than the need to stay cool! Mornings should start to take the edge in production in the next few days though 

Almost hit deer in two different spots on my way to the hunting property this morning. First one looked to be a very tired and limping 1.5 year old. The second incident was a 1.5 year old chasing a doe with her two fawns in tow.

Rob, Dan, and Joe, other than scent control with ozone and soaps, what are you guys using if any on the scents for doe n heat etc. just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Zero. Occasionally some kishels rutnbuck granuals to freshen a mock scrape.

• Like 1

I was off starting last Thursday and hit hard but for some reason its been just down right slow for me. Friday morning passed on a nice 3 year old 8, but thats really the gist of it. Sat all day yesterday and was tortured by the gnats ALL day to the point I decided to cancel the next few days of vacation and move them to when the temps settle back down the end of next week. I know they will still move during the rut but those damn gnats made me feel like I was on Naked and Afraid!! No bueno. Keep on them guys!

• Like 2

One spike in field in way in. I sat and watched him for 15 minutes until he walked off. Made it to stand and had a fisher and a fox come through 5 minutes apart. Spike came back and worked field edge and then was gone. Cameras were pretty quiet last night.

‘Bout Time
Mike

26 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Rob, Dan, and Joe, other than scent control with ozone and soaps, what are you guys using if any on the scents for doe n heat etc. just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use doe in estrous but not as most do. I use it as a nose jammer on my down wind side. I want deer to gently spook from doe scent rather than know a human is there. 

• Like 1