Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Any info on the heater body suits? Seems high priced but good reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't know anyone who has purchased one that regrets it. They are considered a staple in Northern Canada for all day sits. I don't mind them for blind hunting but find them awkward in a stand. Others love them. 

• Like 1

Saw half a dozen doe early this morning and that was it. Wasn’t going to hunt this afternoon but it’s my week off so screw it im going to hunt.
Headed to my new spot but it was 12 degrees warmer five miles south so I turned around and I’m back in my side yard.
Six days in to my eight days off and the two biggest bucks I’ve seen were both 2 and 1/2. Might have picked the wrong year to stop killing them haha.
Oh well I’m going to see it through.
Hey, you never know, a big guy could come through any second.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 6

I saw a Kong yesterday afternoon had him coming to the grunt tube and he hung up at 40 yds saw an 8 pt and spike also yesterday afternoon

this morning saw 3 buck many fawns and some doe One buck was grunting up a storm and on a doe

I'm shocked the amount of movement I've seen in this tropical weather...ya never know but what I do know is I still can't catch a GD break and get a shot at one they are so close but its like the guy with the dollar on the fishing pole"almost"

Edited by dvdegeorge

Three coyotes so far this morning. Cool to watch but don’t think their presence is going to help me get a big buck this morning lol.
Oh well, I’m here, might as well wait and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Congrats to all that have had success! Some great bucks hitting the dirt lately.. I been seeing plenty but the mature deer have been slightly out of range or catch me off guard... I have been surprised by the amount of day activity during this heat wave. Good luck to all

Clean heart well and cut into about 1" to 1 1/2" pieces.

Lightly dredge in flour

Pan fry in butter or bacon drippings with  sliced onions and a bit of extra virgin olive oil

Season to taste while cooking with salt,pepper,garlic powder,a dash of Thyme and Beau Monde(optional)

When almost cooked deglaze with sherry

venisonheart.jpg

Edited by dvdegeorge
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 1:08 PM, Frogger said:

Any info on the heater body suits? Seems high priced but good reviews.

We use them for Saskatchewan hunting.  Easy to get in and out of in a ground blind and a ladder stand.  A bit more of trick in a climber or a hang on.  You wont get cold however. Ultra cold days -10 to 20 sits throw heat packs in the bottom by the feet and they are toasty warm.