Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Nice buck!
Idn, Interesting you found a 7 pointer. I walked into my stand yesterday to find a big 9 pointer dead 15 yards from my stand. Appears to have been there for a few days, yotes got At it. thinking a neighbor snuck in and didn’t do a good tracking job. Judging by the shot, deer couldn’t have ran more than a few hundred yards. Perfect quartering away, exit by opposite shoulder. Sucks because I had this guy frequent on my camera

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

59 minutes ago, Bluefin54 said:

Nice buck!
Idn, Interesting you found a 7 pointer. I walked into my stand yesterday to find a big 9 pointer dead 15 yards from my stand. Appears to have been there for a few days, yotes got At it. thinking a neighbor snuck in and didn’t do a good tracking job. Judging by the shot, deer couldn’t have ran more than a few hundred yards. Perfect quartering away, exit by opposite shoulder. Sucks because I had this guy frequent on my camera

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks fellers.That is a bummer seeing a target dead with no clue as to who, what, where. I assume you are gonna ask the neighbors. Let us know, curious.

Thanks fellers.That is a bummer seeing a target dead with no clue as to who, what, where. I assume you are gonna ask the neighbors. Let us know, curious.

I lost a great buck this year. Thought the shot was perfect, the buck never bedded and crossed a main road. Went back the next day to follow up and again on sparse blood but never bedded. Got permission from adjacent land owner. Long story made short, I followed up for another week looking for birds, blood, smell to no avail. Stinks bc these were small wood lots in mt Morris, NY. Hoping this deer is still alive. If you hunt long enough it’s gonna happen. Still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Every day in the fall we all wake up and wish we were in the woods. I look out the window of the hospital I work at while my trailcameras send me pictures of target bucks randomly walking by my treestand. If I was only there?  I had an agreement with the warden that if I woke up the kids, made them breakfast, rake all of the leaves to the road and clear the gutters I could do the night hunt. High demands, but I have been hunting all week. I said DEAL. So I woke up early and did everything I needed to do and left for the night hunt....at 11:30am. She thought I was nuts. It was 26 degrees out and snowing when I left.  I was down the road and in the stand by 12:15pm. I just had a weird feeling. Have been seeing a lot of bucks cruising between 1-3pm.   It was cold as hell out but the wind was blasting me in the face and he came out at 12:50pm. I thought he was going to walk away and then I grunted, but pointed away from him. I’ve never seen the hair on the neck of a deer stand up like his did. He was pissed and started strutting right into the shooting lane I was hoping. As soon as he nudged into the lane I grunted to stop him. He stood perfect broadside 30 yards and I put a swhacker into his pumphouse. He ran about 50 yards and stopped. While standing there he started wiggling his tail frantically and fell over. It happened so fast I didn’t start shaking until after the shot.  

This thread is awesome and was hoping to have an opportunity to contribute a story. Lucky I guess.  And I can’t wait for opening weekend stories. It’s like christmas with guns. Good luck everyone 🦌 🍀 

8F4D3A27-F772-4E59-A0CB-2F31A7C3DFDE.jpeg

B6565559-2A70-40C6-ADEF-080BFA821F2F.jpeg

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Legacy said:

126206597_2925311951030766_3978283346397465601_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RGf-olWE0ZAAX8NE_zx&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=7d94b5ee1acfec1cf652780d9c6b914a&oe=5FDB6DC8

Sometimes I might rather this.   When I’m hunting and try to give a recap when she been workin all day, its almost grounds for  divorce!  She gets so mad. Especially when I come home with a bear or a nice Buck. 

Every day in the fall we all wake up and wish we were in the woods. I look out the window of the hospital I work at while my trailcameras send me pictures of target bucks randomly walking by my treestand. If I was only there?  I had an agreement with the warden that if I woke up the kids, made them breakfast, rake all of the leaves to the road and clear the gutters I could do the night hunt. High demands, but I have been hunting all week. I said DEAL. So I woke up early and did everything I needed to do and left for the night hunt....at 11:30am. She thought I was nuts. It was 26 degrees out and snowing when I left.  I was down the road and in the stand by 12:15pm. I just had a weird feeling. Have been seeing a lot of bucks cruising between 1-3pm.   It was cold as hell out but the wind was blasting me in the face and he came out at 12:50pm. I thought he was going to walk away and then I grunted, but pointed away from him. I’ve never seen the hair on the neck of a deer stand up like his did. He was pissed and started strutting right into the shooting lane I was hoping. As soon as he nudged into the lane I grunted to stop him. He stood perfect broadside 30 yards and I put a swhacker into his pumphouse. He ran about 50 yards and stopped. While standing there he started wiggling his tail frantically and fell over. It happened so fast I didn’t start shaking until after the shot.  

This thread is awesome and was hoping to have an opportunity to contribute a story. Lucky I guess.  And I can’t wait for opening weekend stories. It’s like christmas with guns. Good luck everyone 🦌 [emoji256] 
8F4D3A27-F772-4E59-A0CB-2F31A7C3DFDE.thumb.jpeg.2ff7b79df99d6b128cec39a8146514fd.jpeg
B6565559-2A70-40C6-ADEF-080BFA821F2F.thumb.jpeg.5fc6c7e78fd7a153a5f4f20afbc1fbbb.jpeg

So true. Awesome post! Great buck, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had something very cool happen yesterday. I went in to some state land with my climber and Doereen (my doe decoy), got in and settled at 640. At 645, i started a short grunting session. I followed that up with about 1.5 minutes of aggressive rattling, set the antlers down for about 2 minutes, then rattled again for about a minute. I followed that up with some more grunting and before I could put the grunt call in my pocket, I had a small buck running right at me. He came into about 20 yards, saw Doereen, and I ended up shooting him at 12 yards. He went about 60 yards and fell over.. It happened that fast. Its the last deer the bow I have will harvest because I plan on buying a new one this year. Good luck and safe hunting.

• Like 4