Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Well didn' t find deer. Shot was shorter then i thought but still shouldn't be having this discussion. Tough loss this is what happens when i dont shoot enough. Wont be out again until i put the gun on paper again. Lost all confidence. You guys are shooting some great deer. Did find out that behind me they shot a 8pt with a broken g2 that scored 135. The 10 i missed had been seen by 3 other people yesterday chasing. They're are a couple more slobs around i didnt know about. Until i hit paper they will have to wait.

Edited by Duckman1
  • Like 1

November 23 am
38 degrees
WSW wind 5-15 mph
Cloudy becoming part sunny

Some great action this am between 7-830. Five fawns, two does, 1.5 year old buck, and a stud 8pt.
Certainly a lot quieter morning with only three shots heard. Time to grind.

IMG_20201123_080818526_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

And tonight's hunt ruined by a damn trespasser!!!! Man I dont like gun season!!!

Of course he had the trespasser uniform on. Dark camo, no blaze orange, and no back tag. I spotted him sneaking along the property line which is the woods and field edge. Trespassing on two properties!!!! I thought about getting down and walking over to him but he quickly disappeared back into the woods. 10 minutes later he appeared again farther down the field and just about in gun range of a doe and 2 fawns. I quickly packed my stuff and hauled butt over to him. I got within 200 yards of him and I noticed he was raising his gun at the deer in the field. So I yelled "YO"! There was about 25 deer in the field at this point all looking at the crazy guy (me) in the middle of the field. Needless to say the field cleared in a hurry. I yelled "yo" a second time before the clown finally saw and ran into the woods. A**hole! I just dont understand the mentality. 

19 minutes ago, Legacy said:

And tonight's hunt ruined by a damn trespasser!!!! Man I dont like gun season!!!

Of course he had the trespasser uniform on. Dark camo, no blaze orange, and no back tag. I spotted him sneaking along the property line which is the woods and field edge. I thought about getting down and walking over to him but he quickly disappeared back into the woods. 10 minutes later he appeared again farther down the field and just about in gun range of a doe and 2 fawns. I quickly packed my stuff and hauled butt over to him. I got within 200 yards of him and I noticed he was raising his gun at the deer in the field. So I yelled "YO"! There was about 25 deer in the field at this point all looking at the crazy guy (me) in the middle of the field. Needless to say the field cleared in a hurry. I yelled "yo" a second time before the clown finally saw and ran into the woods. A**hole! I just dont understand the mentality. 

He saw deer and got to doing desperate things. People will do anything and everything. 

That sucks, How many hundreds of thousands of acres do we have in NY that is open to the public that you can do pretty much whatever you want within the guidelines? 

Set some trail cameras up high angled down and catch this a-hole! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Dude if he ever saw a picture of you he would think twice about trespassing on your land.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Never mess with a guy that doesn't smile!  :lol:

• Like 1

Some beautiful deer ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations to all of you! I finally got me opening morning of shotgun, fell short with getting a buck with the bow tho... many bucks sighted but the mature deer with out of my comfortable range or caught me off guard. That’s the beauty of this sport, roller coaster for sure! IMG_2911.JPGIMG_2873.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 14

Nice! Congrats great buck joe!

Some beautiful deer ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations to all of you! I finally got me opening morning of shotgun, fell short with getting a buck with the bow tho... many bucks sighted but the mature deer with out of my comfortable range or caught me off guard. That’s the beauty of this sport, roller coaster for sure! IMG_2911.thumb.JPG.199537bfad2235c6b4739ade5f787660.JPGIMG_2873.thumb.JPG.3d25da9c962cd30085ebfa613f5564e1.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app