Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

28 minutes ago, bout time said:

Apparently they are not aware of what tomorrow is ? Almost all long birds from what I can see in the Binos IMG_9808.thumb.JPG.fed12006974653a3cdfe66bbb4b8bc90.JPGIMG_9810.thumb.JPG.df1effab667708d1c6d2303cc51503b8.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike

They better hope Cuomo doesn't see them in a big group like that.  10 limit for a gathering.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I didn’t see a deer this evening.
Three turkey breasts going in the smoker by 7 in the morning which will need my attention but may be able to slip into my groundblind in the foodplot.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

This guy has been cruising my foodplot at night. The lights in the background are my house. Have been spending time there when the wind is good but haven’t seen him yet. As the season goes further, hopefully with some cold weather and snow, maybe someone in my family will get a shot at him. IMG_1822.JPGIMG_1823.JPGIMG_1824.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, whaler1 said:

This guy has been cruising my foodplot at night. The lights in the background are my house. Have been spending time there when the wind is good but haven’t seen him yet. As the season goes further, hopefully with some cold weather and snow, maybe someone in my family will get a shot at him. IMG_1822.JPGIMG_1823.JPGIMG_1824.JPG

Great to at least know he is there. Late season it should pay off.

I think round 1 of rut has been over for a week. AFTER every sit, put out some doe n heat on some goldenrod heads to keep him think it is still game on when he visits at night. When you hunt put a doe decoy out in the middle of the food plot to tempt him out in daylight. 

• Like 1

I think round 1 of rut has been over for a week. AFTER every sit, put out some doe n heat on some goldenrod heads to keep him think it is still game on when he visits at night. When you hunt put a doe decoy out in the middle of the food plot to tempt him out in daylight. 

Great advice. I’ll try that. Most evenings there are doe eating. Still need a decoy or may that make them less easy to come eat?

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

I didn’t see a deer this evening.
Three turkey breasts going in the smoker by 7 in the morning which will need my attention but may be able to slip into my groundblind in the foodplot.

Sounds like you have a great day planned ....Enjoy!!!

• Like 1

November 25 pm
Freaking warm 50s
South wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies
Rain on the way

Well headed to the stand early today only to have all the action from the last hour of light. Big numbers showed up to the field tonight (Bucks, does, and fawns). If the interactions between deer tonight told me anything it's that we are no doubt well past peak breeding. Typically peak breeding is that last week of bow season.
Lots of mature does with their fawns. I only witnessed one fawn show up without it's mother tonight. As for the bucks. They seem to be in there best behavior. Bucks of all year classes showed themselves including a stud. Certainly there was some scent checking but very little bumping of does and just some minor chasing. Deer just wanted to eat!!!

IMG_20201125_145127165.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Deer are moving this morning. 9 does/fawns seen already and bumped deer in multiple spots walking in. Need that lucky horseshoe aka a hot doe.
Plenty of shooting already also. Thanksgiving morning is always like opening day #2.

Little good news this morning, the buck I shoulder blade shot during archery

is back on camera and seems to be doing well. Amazing what they can do even with a clipped lung. Little weight off the conscience. 

D529BBEB-869F-4F50-ADFA-C67B00F33596.jpeg

Edited by idn713
  • Like 3

is back on camera and seems to be doing well. Amazing what they can do even with a clipped lung. Little weight off the conscience. 
D529BBEB-869F-4F50-ADFA-C67B00F33596.thumb.jpeg.efc8f30efe0a81e6a034e7c7cf86ed7d.jpeg

Craziness!

Love hearing someone empty their shotgun during gun season! Although i have to say it sounds just like me in goose season.

And now his buddy does the same thing!

D529BBEB-869F-4F50-ADFA-C67B00F33596.thumb.jpeg.efc8f30efe0a81e6a034e7c7cf86ed7d.jpeg

Good news, great buck. Maybe you’ll get another chance.