Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Very proud of my son Cam last night! I gave him a little pill bottle of my fathers ashes and told him to take his grandfather with him! He used my fathers 270 Winchester that was built in the 1960’s and made a 200 yard shot to take his best buck to date!! Life is Good! A Big shout out to our good friend Tom Without him this could not have happened!

image.thumb.png.b170335efc23680df583ec2532c72047.png

• Like 14

Not sure if I had a dud shell or if I messed up with the gun. Anybody use a TC contender? I think I had the selector switch either on safe or not fully on centerfire. None the less, when I dropped that hammer and heard that click instead of a boom, I was in awe. Really want to kill one with this pistol!
FF8EEFB7-5222-4682-8674-FE698B63F562.thumb.jpeg.7397bbac1486e251bfd69d51355750bc.jpeg
82D75C8D-DB07-44CD-9A29-A3071BF643C3.thumb.jpeg.0414da10688bdd61811daec1c8cd3c56.jpeg

Hard primer. Try and send it again

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

November 28 pm
46 degrees
W wind 15+ mph
Partly sunny skies

After yesterday afternoons action I really had high hopes for today. Rather then hunting from the ground I elected to hunt from a "shotgun" stand I have directly across the field from where I hunted the day before.
I had deer in the field at 20 after 2 and figured it was going to be a crazy sit. They left the field after feeding for 20 minutes and I didn't see another deer until around four. At four it was like someone had rang the dinner bell and the field became flooded with does and fawns. And it didn't take long for the bucks to join them. It was actually very calm in the field initially until two 1.5 year old bucks started getting competitive with does and all hell broke loose. Once bumping and chasing started the other three bucks in the field got into the action. I actually never even noticed "my buck" until he started bumping does and chasing off the other bucks. There was two good bucks in the field. My buck and a bigger eight point (which I'm convinced is his slighly bigger, twin brother). Eventually "my buck" just got within gun range and I elected to take a 125 yard shot. He mule kicked after the shot and ran less than 75 yards to his death. Gotta love it when you see them drop. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

IMG_20201128_171454194.jpegIMG_20201129_115501983~2.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 17

I would like to know what county you are in Legacy to be able to sit 2nd weekend of gun on a field edge and see those deer numbers.... my area after opening weekend seems like deer dig a hole and go underground, can’t even find a damn doe for meat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This was in 8a. This is just a typical Late season deer pattern. Find the hot food source and only hunt it in the afternoon. Very low pressure and Best food source in the entire country block= Deadly combination.

We are past the rut. Hunt their stomachs... You'll find it's much easier to pattern them.

• Like 2

Congrats rob!

I Found out a buck i passed up, got shot by the neighbor, darn!! And one more buck i had close 3 times has been mia for a couple weeks now. So I decided to hunt another property that I've been getting some nice bucks on camera in the last few days. i have had 3 encounters with good bucks so far, but being bow only i have not sealed the deal yet on one. Got a few weeks left so I will Keep trying to out smart em!

My ole man used my 10mm and managed to put an old swamp donkey doe down with it. Going to have her teeth aged, she literally has gaps where there are no teeth left and others worn right down to the gum line. Curious how old she is!!1128201358d_HDR.thumb.jpeg.1c797f6ce1c7469bc072081e65bf231a.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 7

Old swamp donkey like that, you don't need to cure the meat to get jerky! 

Isn't it interesting that the best movement from big bucks often coincides with crappy weather? I hate sitting in the blowing snow, but the cameras don't lie.

• Like 1

Its amazing how much time we spend talking about bucks ages but the true wonders of the woods are the mature does. They dont wait until dark to move, they hide in plain sight. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Legacy said:

November 28 pm
46 degrees
W wind 15+ mph
Partly sunny skies

After yesterday afternoons action I really had high hopes for today. Rather then hunting from the ground I elected to hunt from a "shotgun" stand I have directly across the field from where I hunted the day before.
I had deer in the field at 20 after 2 and figured it was going to be a crazy sit. They left the field after feeding for 20 minutes and I didn't see another deer until around four. At four it was like someone had rang the dinner bell and the field became flooded with does and fawns. And it didn't take long for the bucks to join them. It was actually very calm in the field initially until two 1.5 year old bucks started getting competitive with does and all hell broke loose. Once bumping and chasing started the other three bucks in the field got into the action. I actually never even noticed "my buck" until he started bumping does and chasing off the other bucks. There was two good bucks in the field. My buck and a bigger eight point (which I'm convinced is his slighly bigger, twin brother). Eventually "my buck" just got within gun range and I elected to take a 125 yard shot. He mule kicked after the shot and ran less than 75 yards to his death. Gotta love it when you see them drop. Gotta love it when a plan comes together.

IMG_20201128_171454194.jpegIMG_20201129_115501983~2.jpeg

Good deal. Now what are going to do?LOL

• Like 1

Good deal. Now what are going to do?LOL

Play catch up at work! Maybe fill a doe tag. Bit more importantly making plans with my kid for muzzleloader season. Hoping to get him an opportunity at one of the other bucks that are around.

• Like 1