Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

I got one those walking around now. Hit a 115 ish yesterday with cbow. Looked good sounded good but no good. Watched him go lay down so we thought. Let him go for 4 hours. Then of course here comes big rain wet crap. Did manage to find blood where he stopped that was the end. Looked big time no avail. Found my bolt broke in 2 places
Might have bounced off of some brush on the way to him. Those bolts r so fast I can’t c them. I’ll look today for dog tracks. It sucks for the deer not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Agree they are fast, got lighted Nicks! Solved that.

Sent from my LML212VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

22 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Last sit of the year today. A couple of does at 15 yards was all. Fun gun season grind this year but the only buck I saw was a spike. I was able to hunt nine different public land tracts and was able to find some big buck sign to target during bow season next year. I think my take away from the public land hunts is we probably would be better served to follow how some states have a simplified method of regulation- your license gets you one buck tag and one doe tag (with no DMP units to add to confusion). Also, the number of land owner tags available needs to be reduced. If a farmer needs more deer shot of their land, they can give permission to hunters looking for a place to hunt. 

X2 I hunt my farm and public land simply because I like the big woods an many different bucks on public land. Here in Yates county there is a lot of hunting pressure so in gun season you don't see much anymore even on my land. Seen only 1 buck so far in gun season in many days of hunting. In PA I seen 2 bucks before I got all the way up the tree, one that I shot. See more quality bucks in PA in the years I hunted there. Would love antler restrictions but thats prob not happening so I think 1 buck tag an less doe tags would be the thing. Guess I'll try some walking on new state lands the next days see if I find something I like. Good luck to all!

So we have this big momma doe that has two yearlings, a button buck and a doe. She’s huge, one of the biggest I’ve seen and we have some slobs. I could have killed her a dozen times including tonight but just can’t do it. IMG_1857.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Thinking about possibly purchasing a new muzzleloader setup and wondered what kind of feedback I can get from all you guys.... just had shoulder surgery so probably done for this year but I’m itchin for new setup for next year... thanks

CVA Accura V2 with the nitride finish. Amazing gun with the proper powder and bullet.

When will they leave her?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

They won't. Atleast no time soon. It's possible the doe Fawn might get bred in the next couple of weeks and the button buck might wander off occasionally but they will be back at her side soon enough. They will certainly winter with her.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

My season is put on hold. My wife has tested Positive for COVID and she has it bad. Just about every symptom. She was and has been the most cautious and careful about this and it blows our mind how or where she got it. I’m on contact quarantine for 14 days now. I will be released on the 15th. I will hunt muzzleloader for the first time ever this year.

I enjoy reading this thread as it “lets me live” through all of you while I’m stuck inside.

Look forward to all the stories and be safe everyone

‘Bout Time
Mike

Wishn nothing but the best

• Like 1

I would say shoot her. DEC did a study showing those fawns as being able to survive no problem. Nothing screws a big buck hunt like a mature blowing and teaching other deer where to not be. I rather have two year olds around, they reproduce the same.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fishon11 said:

Thinking about possibly purchasing a new muzzleloader setup and wondered what kind of feedback I can get from all you guys.... just had shoulder surgery so probably done for this year but I’m itchin for new setup for next year... thanks

Im a CVA guy now also. I bought a CVA accura V2 and couldnt be happier. Nice thing is you can shop and buy muzzleloaders online. 

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/

I knew someone would go CVA, only thing I don’t like is any CVA I’ve picked up has weighed a ton.... I will have to check them out thanks for input

If you get a chance, pick up a CVA Accura MR edition. Nitride barrel. 25 inch barrel. I purchased it on sale for 500.00 couple of years ago. 6.35 lbs. love it.