Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

So....... when Billy’s buck was dropped off at the processor it wasn’t communicated effectively that he was getting a shoulder mount. Processor thought he was doing a European mount so we don’t have a cape.
Should someone in my area take a buck and not need the cape I’d appreciate one greatly.
Processor is going to keep his eyes open also.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

what color is your neighbor’s dog?

Been pretty slow for me. Jumped a good buck walking in the other day. (With my bow) and passed a few small bucks. One decent 8 point. And a bunch of does, but still grinding hoping to fill that 2nd tag!

One of our trail cameras got messed up. Not sure how yet... But it managed to take a pretty cool picture none the less! 54796.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So....... when Billy’s buck was dropped off at the processor it wasn’t communicated effectively that he was getting a shoulder mount. Processor thought he was doing a European mount so we don’t have a cape.
Should someone in my area take a buck and not need the cape I’d appreciate one greatly.

Get a hold of your taxidermist, they usually have extra frozen capes in different sizes. I had to buy one off of mine due to damage to my cape.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Been pretty slow for me. Jumped a good buck walking in the other day. (With my bow) and passed a few small bucks. One decent 8 point. And a bunch of does, but still grinding hoping to fill that 2nd tag!

One of our trail cameras got messed up. Not sure how yet... But it managed to take a pretty cool picture none the less! 54796.thumb.jpeg.ae0f75b1184a6cb362ef68f65555d56a.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's cool, I've gotten a couple flying by my cameras but none like that.

Sent from my moto g power using Lake Ontario United mobile app

12 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Touch base with Blier I would bet he has a few

• Like 2

Thanks Boson Cowboy, cape acquired!

Smoke poled my second tag now time to get the kid one and buck hunt till the very last minute!!! Good luck tomorrow to everyone!!!!! And same with late season!!!! My Favorite.[emoji173]️IMG_6084.JPG

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Eastforkmarine said:

Smoke poled my second tag now time to get the kid one and buck hunt till the very last minute!!! Good luck tomorrow to everyone!!!!! And same with late season!!!! My Favorite.emoji173.pngIMG_6084.JPG

Congrats!

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone today trying to fill those last second gun tags! Im looking forward to being back in the woods tomorrow after a long hiatus. Looks like seasonable temps until next weekend but im not seeing enough snow to change things a whole lot. Temps seem good however the wind is a whole different story. Looks like winds are all over the place. We will probably see every wind direction this week with a couple of days with some very high winds. Love the late season!!!

• Like 4

Smoke poled my second tag now time to get the kid one and buck hunt till the very last minute!!! Good luck tomorrow to everyone!!!!! And same with late season!!!! My Favorite.[emoji173]️IMG_6084.thumb.JPG.07f3a9c9ca7335cd4b71a263d77f8501.JPG

Nice!!! An good luck this late season.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Well I’m finally tagged out for the 2020. Its been a great year. Put many hrs preseason scouting,movin stands, sitting and still hunting.  I passed up 2 8pointers first week waiting for my target buck, but it came down to the last two hrs of rifle season And I connected with this guy.  
      Started off a bad day! I carried ny 30-06 on my back and open sight marlin 1895 45-70 guide gun in my hands. 8am while in the stand a beautiful 8 came trou my only cut swat in the pines and had 2sec before he was gone. Squeezed a 100yrd shot with 30-06 and I skinned his belly. Found bullet in the tree and hair on the ground. No blood. Tracked his prints in the snow for 100yrds and still not seeing blood I decided he isnt harmed and time to move one. 

decided it was time to start pushing to my buddy and cousin at noon. Got in the heavy laurels,and while checkin my map this buck comes walkin up to me. I drop my map and raise 45-70 and fire two rounds at him 40yrds trou laurels. I was on a little noll so i seen him movin trou the laurels about 100yrds. Grabbed the 30-06 and fired again when i had a semi clear running shot.  Found good blood with first two shots and then fur and heavier blood where i hit him with the 30-06. I tracked him 150yrds but he crossed a boog and i lost all blood.  Spent 4hrs last night grid searching the laurels only to find nothing. I was sick all night. 

woke up this morning and went back the 2miles in the forest lands  with my mom,wife, and dogs to give this deer the respect of bein found. After a quick search he was 20ft out of the boog. Impossible to see him in the heavy laurels. Great hunt. Great day spending time with my pups and family in the woods today. Certainly not my biggest buck, but I am supper proud to tell the story behind him!!

( I carried both rifles cause i had 30-06 friday and jumped my target buck in laurels scope got tangled up in crap and couldnt get a shot. Wanted to both sit and push yesterday)

04FA923C-B650-4BAF-8DD3-F51FD77C0630.png

1DD4E546-D0B5-470B-80E0-959E41D2285B.jpeg

3C731CE6-8CA3-4255-AA91-F6EBC0A9E0F9.jpeg

FF6D847F-7983-409E-9733-D641A7C695FB.jpeg

3929F453-48E9-4148-B553-FE15BEF9EAC8.jpeg

589CC023-0D00-4251-9150-CD1F63CCAF76.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 11