Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Tommy sent an arrow a little after 4.
Snowing and in very thick stuff.
Wasn’t thrilled with the shot, backed out.
Arrow looked good to me but tough call.
Snowing and lots of yotes in the area.
Nasty thick stuff too.
Went back after dinner and found her.
Very relieved.
IMG_1084.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 9

Man, she's been chowing well. Good find.

I wish my food plot looked like Ken's! The stupid deer ate everything is sight before late October. One of the three still has some marble sized beets and radishes, but that's it. I'd put up a fence, but I'm not into the $$ and having to put it up and take it down every year. I'm still mulling possibilities. I may seek some professional guidance next year on food, cover and access improvements.

• Like 2

Tommy sent an arrow a little after 4.
Snowing and in very thick stuff.
Wasn’t thrilled with the shot, backed out.
Arrow looked good to me but tough call.
Snowing and lots of yotes in the area.
Nasty thick stuff too.
Went back after dinner and found her.
Very relieved.
IMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.52f9a4821414789266610b9514bad701.jpeg

Congratulations Tommy!!!

7 hours ago, Gator said:

Man, she's been chowing well. Good find.

I wish my food plot looked like Ken's! The stupid deer ate everything is sight before late October. One of the three still has some marble sized beets and radishes, but that's it. I'd put up a fence, but I'm not into the $$ and having to put it up and take it down every year. I'm still mulling possibilities. I may seek some professional guidance next year on food, cover and access improvements.

Same gator. All our plots put out decent size bulbs but they by in large got crushed before the end of bow season. Thank god I put out rye, which between that and bulbs have kept them coming back. I think seeding at a much higher rate and higher fertilizer amounts are going to be very key for me next year. 

Edited by idn713

December 17 pm
26 degrees
NE wind 8-14 mph.
Cloudy skies

The deer moved late today. Saw a couple in the first field walking in and then don't think I saw a deer until after 4. After that they poured in. Deer were really grouped up.
Had a big 8 show up with the first herd of does. The kid passed on three small bucks and had his eyes only on that deer. I let him take a 150'+ shot and clean miss. The shot obviously spooked the deer in the field but not one deer left and within 5 minutes they were all back to eating. Four days to go.

IMG_20201217_145120821_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

December 17 pm
26 degrees
NE wind 8-14 mph.
Cloudy skies

The deer moved late today. Saw a couple in the first field walking in and then don't think I saw a deer until after 4. After that they poured in. Deer were really grouped up.
Had a big 8 show up with the first herd of does. The kid passed on three small bucks and had his eyes only on that deer. I let him take a 150'+ shot and clean miss. The shot obviously spooked the deer in the field but not one deer left and within 5 minutes they were all back to eating. Four days to go.

IMG_20201217_145120821_HDR.thumb.jpeg.ecba887f5f0ab9423c2898d76e8eb549.jpeg

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Barely made it out alive yesterday as that storm set in by 2 pm in 8r slept in this morning let the storm roll through and let the plows get done .. stopped at marina earlier and loaded up with some blocks for weight didn’t know what to expect. The kid and I slid into a nice blind with heat till noon just two hrs then took a short walk and walked up on a nice doe browsing at 100 yards out we closed the gap by 25 ish yards and the kid made a great shot with dad’s muzzloader... 80 yards through a six inch window.. back at it in the morning hopefully see some horns. Good luck to all IMG_6597.JPG IMG_6589.JPGIMG_6588.JPG

• Like 6

congrats guys and gal!   i had another encounter with him tonight got him to 45 yds quite an evening never even got to sit down especially when he bedded down 45 yds from me, i was just standing there with my pack on and my bow and he bedded looking right at me.. fun little stand off till he got up and worked away from me with a group of does  so no way to even attempt a shot.  walked out a few min early to watch field edge for a few min and watched a group of 8 bucks come out.  One i would shoot if i get a shot hes got a pretty good gimp. One other looked pretty good too.  so we will see,  keep at em!   

Edited by machzrcr
  • Like 2