Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

How big is the field you are watching?

December 21 pm
40 degrees
SE wind 5 mph
Cloudy skies

Lots and lots and lots of deer tonight. Handful of bucks including the big 8 that is a master of elusion. No bucks within range. One sit to go!

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

13 hours ago, bout time said:

I finally took my first deer with the muzzleloader. After missing 3/4 of gun season due to Covid I finally started feeling better last week and I did a couple sets at the Farm at home with nothing to show for it.

This morning I headed south and met the guys from Camp. We kicked up a couple doe and a small buck at two pieces of state land. Then at 3 o’clock we moved to another small piece of state land and at 3:45 I was able to take my buck at 90 yards.

It was a dead center shoulder hit he ran close to 200 yards and I only had two drops of blood the entire way. If it wasn’t for snow on the ground and being able to follow his tracks I never would’ve found him

IMG_0108.thumb.JPG.e68e92b2cee063d5ab4ad983095796c0.JPGIMG_0026.thumb.JPG.72e448395cd803a8a246ae6ac82b49d2.JPG

What kind of bullets were you shooting bout time?  Few years ago i had the same thing happened.  Switched to hornady xtp hollow points and boy they leave a blood trail .  Congrats on the buck.

What kind of bullets were you shooting bout time?  Few years ago i had the same thing happened.  Switched to hornady xtp hollow points and boy they leave a blood trail .  Congrats on the buck.

I’m shooting Traditions “Smackdown Carnivores.”
IMG_9004.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

Second sit two hrs then move last day strategy worked in the past...IMG_6615.thumb.JPG.d146ece62fb4d6a291af6d7c07de0d6e.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

3rd sit would produce two large doe bedding down just below us on a creek flat watched them for two hrs with hopes of horns with them with no luck .... off to acorns till dark GOODLUCK allIMG_6617.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 4