Legacy -The 2020 Season-

I had something very cool happen yesterday. I went in to some state land with my climber and Doereen (my doe decoy), got in and settled at 640. At 645, i started a short grunting session. I followed that up with about 1.5 minutes of aggressive rattling, set the antlers down for about 2 minutes, then rattled again for about a minute. I followed that up with some more grunting and before I could put the grunt call in my pocket, I had a small buck running right at me. He came into about 20 yards, saw Doereen, and I ended up shooting him at 12 yards. He went about 60 yards and fell over.. It happened that fast. Its the last deer the bow I have will harvest because I plan on buying a new one this year. Good luck and safe hunting.

• Like 4

I am fairly concerned about Mr Itchy.  He had a run-in with a Reynolds aluminum foil box and his cuticle got dinged. I swear that company should go into the broadhead making business. 

1 minute ago, Missdemeanor said:

Love gun season.... Revolver for me... I'm hitting a beer can at 50 yards... More challenging than a rifle or shotgun...good luck fellas1116202113~2.jpeg

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have used a S&W 44 in the past matt. I was never impressed with the knockdown or very little blood trail. It was accurate as hell too. Looking back i should have shot them in the head. Good luck. Can't wait till bunny season.

I saw nothing this morning. On the off chance that I do see something tomorrow, I've decided to throw rocks at it. With any luck, I will spook it to a neighbor and they will shoot it. Why mess with a proven tactic?

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1