Beautiful Rainbows

Rainbows on Cayuga this year have been both plentiful large and great fighters... client this young man landed one Sunday despite the roaring wind that would make any trout lover sing...have pretty much been able to rig up for salmon and bows and get them on board even Mid day ... temps on the lake went wacky with down temps in the high 50s as low as 85 feet took going 95 plus down to break 50... pulled a nice salmon down 90 and this rainbow down 80....amazing what wind and storms did to break up thermocline and scatter the fish...but this young man’s smile made me happy !! IMG_3866.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 4

Two weekends ago I caught a nice 24 inch rainbow. Probably the most beautiful one I've seen. Such vivid colors. It was hooked square in the bottom lip. No blood, clean hook. I didnt even bring it in the boat, so no picture. Brought it up to the side of the boat and said "my god that's the prettiest rainbow I've seen", grabbed the pliers and with one flick the hooks came out and it was swimming off. Cayuga has been truly awesome this year between some really nice browns in the spring and now the rainbows. Amazing

Rainbows on Cayuga this year have been both plentiful large and great fighters... client this young man landed one Sunday despite the roaring wind that would make any trout lover sing...have pretty much been able to rig up for salmon and bows and get them on board even Mid day ... temps on the lake went wacky with down temps in the high 50s as low as 85 feet took going 95 plus down to break 50... pulled a nice salmon down 90 and this rainbow down 80....amazing what wind and storms did to break up thermocline and scatter the fish...but this young man’s smile made me happy !! IMG_3866.thumb.JPG.ea45619500280eff7615905a8eff72c0.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

How were the fleas?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Second trip in a row for rainbows. It's funny how I have never caught one before this year. Now I have gotten 3 so far, one 7lb, one smaller probably 3 pounds and this one this morning at 5 lbs. What surprised me was that it came 80 ft down. Anyway, love these rainbows

20200905_094609.jpg

• Like 2