Spoons on dipseys...

Hey All,

We've been running dipseys with FF/SDs for years, but only tried spoons off a dipsey with a 5-6 foot leader a couple times, with no luck. Do you run spoons on dipseys by themselves, or does anyone run them off a SD/PT as well? Seems like that might be a hot mess, but could add a little hop to the spoons. Hitting the water Friday - can't wait!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I ran spoons behind sd's because I wanted to attract fish into spread....5 to 6 feet both of white and dipsy.  Had success with dreamweaver spoons and proking.  I have a couple of different lengths  4, 5 and 6 feet.  I think some lures work better with shorter and some longer.  Look at the action of the lure.  You want its action to be key.  I think i had my sd on the front ring.

makes it fun landing solo when you have this on your wire dipsy set up.

20200717_075852.jpg

• Like 1

I cant say I've run spoons behind a dipsy or with a SD. But, I run a spoon behind a slide diver every trip. Slide diver with 50ft of lead, then 5 ft flouro leader, then spoon. It is often my best rod honestly. When the fish wont hit the riggers they will hit that slide diver. I know that was a little off topic but spoons behind slide divers work very well

Seven foot lead will work even though longer lead likely better.  With a seven foot rod it limits you when netting unless you want to hand line a longer leader (not ideal).  

• 2 weeks later...