Kings from the piers yet?

Summerville pier is closed until November. So your only chance is Charlotte pier. Or Point Breeze. Kings are slowly showing up. They are stacked out in 60-100fow. Going out now late night isn't a guarantee but I bet you can get a couple rips off the piers on spoons right now. Good luck!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, FishingSkrip27 said:

Summerville pier is closed until November. So your only chance is Charlotte pier. Or Point Breeze. Kings are slowly showing up. They are stacked out in 60-100fow. Going out now late night isn't a guarantee but I bet you can get a couple rips off the piers on spoons right now. Good luck!

Do you have any spoon recommendations? I like Krocodiles and cleos and moonshines

Moonshine spoons are the best IMO....they glow forever. But I've caught them on most other spoons. Eggs usually are for a little later in the season. Blue and Silver or Green and Silver. Or anything glow. Ik a lot of guys cast stick baits for them but I never seem to catch em on stick baits

• Like 2

I fished off the Charlotte Pier from 4am until 10am today, there are salmon jumping, nobody caught anything...there were only a few others out there fishing. Pulled into the parking lot with about 20 or so people partying out of their cars/mini vans. Lots of people all cocked up and walking behind you, talking loud/acting stupid...cant wait for the summerville side to be finished. Unfortunately looks like it'll have to wait till next season as it'll be almost deer season before that happens.

Saw a couple of kings porpoise in sodus bay on the way out to fish yesterday - guy on our dock also saw one near the docks - based on the number of fish up out of temp I would say there should be a few around the piers.  Most of our kings this weekend were caught in 71 degree water. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No. I was there from 7:45 til 9:30. Unfortunately the end of the pier was completely blocked with a group young men with three rods each and snagging hooks tight-lining. Kind of ruins it for everyone else. I will be glad when they extend the piers as projected. 

Edited by Gill-T