Sandy Creek 9/1

Scotter96

3 hours ago, brucehookedup said:

Stupid weeds this year like never  before. I hear braddocks is cutting them daily and off they go. Killing me!!!

It has made brown fishing very difficult all summer!  

Interesting. I have no vested interest in whether or not they harvest, but a permit is required from DEC adjacent to designated wetlands. Given the $$ pumped into that bay over the past couple of years, it'd be great to know that there is some oversight and an integrated management plan, and it's not just a marina operator taking things into their own hands. I'm not pointing fingers here, but can anyone provide additional clarity? I wonder whether there has been some consideration of the impact on the ecosystem. Weed harvesting can be a controversial business in the best of situations.

9 minutes ago, rod hog said:

boats are getting stuck backing out of there slips. this hot summer has the weeds growing thick

Weeds in I-bay at the south shallower end are the worst we’ve seen in recent memory. Boat traffic is keeping the channels open to the marinas thankfully. Kayakers are paddling extra hard in the shallows