You can't make this stuff up

Gator

Journalism has become so biased I can't take seriously anything I read anymore...from either side! This morning, CNN headline, "Trump's depraved plan for reelection" and at Fox, "Biden is the embodiment of all things swamp". What the heck happened to just reporting the news, independent of personal (or institutional) viewpoint? The news outlets have become political mouthpieces. It's sad when you have to go global like BBC or Aljazeera to get fair reporting on national events.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
You have not seen anything yet. It's just starting!!!!!!

No , it’s not just starting. It has been going on for about 2 decades. News and opinion are mixed into an entertainment show because it is a very cheap way to provide an interesting vehicle for selling advertising to a very targeted market.
If it is unbiased news you are after then you can always get public radio (npr) or bbc.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 7:21 AM, Gator said:

Journalism has become so biased I can't take seriously anything I read anymore...from either side! This morning, CNN headline, "Trump's depraved plan for reelection" and at Fox, "Biden is the embodiment of all things swamp". What the heck happened to just reporting the news, independent of personal (or institutional) viewpoint? The news outlets have become political mouthpieces. It's sad when you have to go global like BBC or Aljazeera to get fair reporting on national events.

Even BBC and Aljazeera are moving to the "sensationalistic" side of "journalism"... I have zero trust left in any of them

• 4 months later...

We are getting played like fiddles 

Makes me sick the way some of this stuff is reported . 

The weak minded get swayed . 

The events of the day are not reported but used as ammunition for or against a cause . 

Trump is not the president anymore but he  is talked about constantly while  important issues of the day are glossed over or not even reported by some outlets . 

Can we just report the news,with, no slant or agenda already? 

.what pill do these People take to say what they say and look straight into the camera ? 

It's not news anymore . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrinklestar said:

BBC is non biased?  :lol: 

I am sure that, in the eyes of a right wing person most reporting that does not jibe with right wing ideas is perceived as biased.

Both BBC and NPR strictly keep news and opinion apart. Opinion and editorial is where bias sneaks in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Perception being ones own reality might suggest party affiliation has little to do with it. I’m sure plenty of you on the left think Don Lemon is fair and balanced.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, rolmops said:

I am sure that, in the eyes of a right wing person most reporting that does not jibe with right wing ideas is perceived as biased.

Both BBC and NPR strictly keep news and opinion apart. Opinion and editorial is where bias sneaks in.

Trolled.....That was just fo you I knew you would jump on that one Rolmops

9 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Perception being ones own reality might suggest party affiliation has little to do with it. I’m sure plenty of you on the left think Don Lemon is fair and balanced.

Who is Don Lemon?

I was in at a training scenario at a local high school just this week.. I couldn't believe the liberal propaganda being allowed in the schools... On the walls in the hallways, in the teacher's rooms... If it were conservative view points , someone would stroke out and have it taken down immediately ( like what happened in Greece schools recently).
How about teachers keep their opinions to themselves conservative or liberal and do your jobs... Teach the subjects and not your opinions or ideology.

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5