Starcraft 221V rebuild

Baddad1

I did it in my free time. A few hours here and there. I didnt track my time but I have alot of time in it.

I actually did 2 other boats this year for people. They were alot easier because they were split windshiels and literally used 1/3 of all materials. I did the interiors and transoms no paint 5 days each. The islanders cabin sucked up alot more materials and time especially being it had no interior to begin with I built everything from scratch.

Thanks for recognizing the time aspect only guys that have done there own work realize it.

Thanks for your polite response DavidA . sometimes I get the opposite from some of my Canadian " friends " ! From start to finish how long did it take to finish the boat ? 

Everyone can have a different situation ; my friend is a tradesman who finishes Friday noon and has the rest of the weekend for projects ; I am a professional who can be called out at any time which can easily take the rest of the day ! I can do better money wise by working than by " tackling " a very major project !

As I read you have the skills and probably the tools of the project ! I personally will not start something I cannot finish ! I have seen boats that were never finished , wasted time and $ !

Tuffishooker, it took me several months at a few hours here and there. It really depends on what has to be done and how far you get into it. Full interior ,cabin ceilings, cabin wall, floors ,sides, and transom it will take around $2000. In materials. More if you seal the inside and put new foam in it witch I would recommend.  In total I'd guess 10 days labor give or take depending on the person doing the work. If you are stripping, painting, and doing body work I'd add another 5 or 6 days. Add a day for wiring repairs dash cluster fishfinder etc.  Motor : tune up, plugs,wires,oil and filter, fuel filter, thermostats, impeller add another day.  That's a rough idea of what the time will be. I'm trying to be realistic so your not in shock with how long things may actually take. Hope this helps.

DavidA, thanks...

I have an extensive BOM for this project. However at the wife’s strong suggestion I have decided to hold off until spring when the itch is strong and the window of opportunity long. I would rather enjoy the project than stress on it... Hopefully by then the lack of materials will be better as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for follow up post ; we wish you well and safe ! We missed the spring derbies because of COVID 19 ! Obviously not sure why the ramps were closed . ? To now there still has not been any COVID 19 infections reported in Lake Ontario fishing . Strip clubs and HEALTH clubs are a different matter LOL !

This a great site ! you will not lack for help and advice in your project .