Upper Saranac ADK

Gator

We're headed there next weekend to a cottage on the water. I've fished Upper Saranac previously with decent success in July, but never this far into the season. I'm actually contemplating leaving the Lund at home and sticking to a kayak, but I figured I'd ask whether anyone on the board has experience with September conditions and/or a recent report. Truth be told, I prefer the kayak in the ADK, but I don't want to get up there and feel like I'm missing out by not having the Lund. Crazy, right? Sometimes you just crave simplicity though.

We use to go next weekend annually with the boys for years . 

We have run into some bad weather / wind/ rain. Woke up one morning to skim ice in the puddles . 

So we moved it up to 3rd weekend in Aug  because THEY are turning into geriatrics. 

But the pike fishing was way better later and we still did a lot of bass . I would take the boat only for comfort and safety in the wind 

I love to fish for pike up there casting #5 Mepps or spinner baits over submerged weed beds and jig for bass on weed edges and drop offs  . 

Bass first light , drift over weed beds for  pike mid day . WIRE LEADER !! 

HAVE FUN ! 

Good breakfast at Blue moon or Lumberjack . But you should know that . 

Thanks! Indeed, I do know some great places to get breakfast up there...DJ's comes to mind. Unfortunately, Donnelly's Soft Serve closes this weekend, which blows. We will keep our fingers crossed as regards the wind and weather - but the hope is to do one peak a day, and to kayak in the evening, with our choice of waterways guided by the conditions.

If I fish first light right out front of cottage near Deer Island...which in past summers has been killer for the first hour off the points...the cold kayak seat may be enough to make my own geriatric a$$ winge lol. But since this isn't primarily a fishing trip, i think I'll make do.

Edited by Gator

Funny story, we first went to Donnelly's soft serve about 35 years ago and the whife and I walked in and ask what flavors of ice cream did they have and the girl said vinilla. Then I ask again and she said the same, well we could not believe that a ice cream stand only had one flavor! Oh well I ended up being the best ice cream in town and the only place in miles glad to see they are still there!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Ontario United mobile app