Olcott...Any good fishing?

Have a trip planned for this Thursday - Sunday with a few friends from Detroit. Haven’t seen any reports lately out of the Olcott area and curious if we are too late? We can fish from Niagara to Oak Orchard (wherever is best). Weather looks like its been pretty windy lately.

Curious what everyone thinks...should we make the trip or is the season over?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Plenty of fish off Olcottb and from the LOC derby listings, good size. The challenge is getting them to bite. 
Truth. Plenty of marks on the screen yesterday from 90-150, right out front. Tagged one mature in a short pm trip. I have always found the stager bite to be the hardest grind but it can turn on any day, you just have to be out there. Might catch none, might catch 20.

My opinion, forget the reports, just get out there and fish, they are there and will be for awhile.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, NymphO said:

Truth. Plenty of marks on the screen yesterday from 90-150, right out front. Tagged one mature in a short pm trip. I have always found the stager bite to be the hardest grind but it can turn on any day, you just have to be out there. Might catch none, might catch 20.

My opinion, forget the reports, just get out there and fish, they are there and will be for awhile.

That is why it is called fishing!!!!

• Like 2

Same - fished olcott yesterday - went 0/1. Dead. ICE WATER. 48 degrees only 35 ft down! Current was wicked, hard to get a good troll. Wind kicked up big time and ruined the prime time evening bite to top off a crappy day. Hopefully today is better, still blowing hard out of the NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app