Meat rig speed

Generally depends on what else we have down. If spoons etc we generally start at 2.3 and work our way up but we check our roll on meat head first before sending down.
If more meat out we will slow down and stay around 1.9-2.0.
There have been days that meat is still firing at 3.0. When they want it they want it. Roll is the key though

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Generally depends on what else we have down. If spoons etc we generally start at 2.3 and work our way up but we check our roll on meat head first before sending down.
If more meat out we will slow down and stay around 1.9-2.0.
There have been days that meat is still firing at 3.0. When they want it they want it. Roll is the key though

Thanks appreciate reply [emoji476]

It is not the meat that dictates your speed.  It's the paddle you choose to run with it.  Meat heads can be tuned to get that sweet roll by bending the meat head to get the desired roll.   I have caught kings at 1.6 - 3.2 on meat rigs.  

Sometimes it is critical to tune your spoons or sticks, but it is ALWAYS critical to tune the meat rig. Speed can be just about irrelevant if the bait isn't rolling or twirling just right and sometimes you have to play with it to get it right but it is worth the effort. There are also times when a decision has to be made regarding what to run along with it but use the way the meat is running to be the main concern because spoon and stick action varies up and down but if the meat isn't running right it is like dealing with a dead horse in the race:smile:

Edited by Sk8man