Thank You for the rescue!

A huge shout out to the gentleman out of the little salmon River who towed my boat back to port for me. Was wondering if someone could get me his info??????

42 years of fishing Mexico Bay, I’ve never broke. That was a nasty cross chop and i was getting tossed around like a rag doll after my engine quit.

This gentleman risked his own boat and the safety of his crew to pull me back to the launch. It was no easy task. If anyone knows this guy could i get his info?!?!? I would like to pay him for his heroism. My boat is at Mikes marina now.

Btw- Was my first trip out with the boat. Just purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 5

Many of us have been on the receiving end of a tow. Unfortunately it happens.

Fortunately there are wonderful people that have helped us all. I have been able to help out as well to try to pay it forward.

Years back a father son team towed my dad and father n law and I into the Oak from 8 miles out. Same deal wouldn’t accept money. Just a friendly wave as they tossed the lines back. Ruined their day of fishing I’m sure. I think of them often

I fully believe that the Gods of Lake O have a long memory and those that help will be helped in turn.

Lots of great people out there for sure

Very cool.  I almost needed a tow my first trip with my 28ft baha. Lost a battery and starboard engine. Luckily my port engine got me back. Fixed thay issue quick. But I’m definitely confident If I need a tug back in, it wouldn’t take long. 
   Just pay it forward. When a call goes out someone needs a tow, do what this fella did for you.  Who knows, maybe this guy was paying it forward himself. 
good stuff.   

If that guy hadn’t of seen me, my next move was to call coast guard.
My boat was getting throttled from all directions, that was a nasty cross chop. Can’t say I’ve ever had my emergency kit out before, flare guns loaded ready to roll. Not impressed with the new boat!

17 minutes ago, Lineman1 said:

If that guy hadn’t of seen me, my next move was to call coast guard.
My boat was getting throttled from all directions, that was a nasty cross chop. Can’t say I’ve ever had my emergency kit out before, flare guns loaded ready to roll. Not impressed with the new boat!

Next time, if god forbid there is, throw out a bag from the front end of the boat. It will put the nose of your rig into the wind and stabilize it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rolmops said:

Next time, if god forbid there is, throw out a bag from the front end of the boat. It will put the nose of your rig into the wind and stabilize it.

In addition it will slow you and make your position more predicable

• Like 2

We saw a boat in trouble yesterday, guys were putting on their life vests and waving to us. As we turned towards them to help, the boat capsized that fast and they were in the water and scrambling to climb on top of their now upside down center console. We scooped them up and managed to tie onto their boat. We called the coast guard and continued to tow the boat until we reached just south of the south dune. We had to cut her free when we got into about 7 feet when the Bimini started dragging and stuck on the bottom. I marked the coordinates so they could call a salvage company. We took them to their vehicle and they had to wait for the guys wife to bring the extra set of keys as his were locked in the capsized boat. They lost alot, but were grateful we were in the right place at the right time. The coast guard came after about a half hour and just stayed with us to monitor us towing his boat from 100ft depth to about 20, and had to turn around due to the shallow water. It felt good to hear the coat guard say that we seemed more than capable of towing them in, and we were happy to help them. 20200912_153934.jpeg20200912_160201.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 11

1st trip up in early August Ty and I were at the 160 the day after a blow. 2 to 4 ft rollers but no wind or breaks. Totally duable but head on a swivel. Only a couple boats out in deeper water. Coast Guard came around the stacks and hung off port bow at 100yds, so as to not interfere with my troll. After glassing my boat for several mins, a wave and a single horn blast they were on they're way back towards Oswego.
Where they on random patrol or did someone put a word out to check on me? Who knows, it was comforting to know they felt I was good. Every year we all dodge a bullet, some take a direct hit. Those guys are awesome as well as the fellow humans who risk running in instead of running away. Thanks for keeping me safe and aware.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

1st trip up in early August Ty and I were at the 160 the day after a blow. 2 to 4 ft rollers but no wind or breaks. Totally duable but head on a swivel. Only a couple boats out in deeper water. Coast Guard came around the stacks and hung off port bow at 100yds, so as to not interfere with my troll. After glassing my boat for several mins, a wave and a single horn blast they were on they're way back towards Oswego.
Where they on random patrol or did someone put a word out to check on me? Who knows, it was comforting to know they felt I was good. Every year we all dodge a bullet, some take a direct hit. Those guys are awesome as well as the fellow humans who risk running in instead of running away. Thanks for keeping me safe and aware.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The guys that picked my sorry a$$ up we’re about as chill as could be. Once they learned I am military they got even more laid back. Their boat is insanity, twin diesels and build like a literal tank. My knee learned that real quick haha still got the scar!

6 hours ago, BHufnagle said:

We saw a boat in trouble yesterday, guys were putting on their life vests and waving to us. As we turned towards them to help, the boat capsized that fast and they were in the water and scrambling to climb on top of their now upside down center console. We scooped them up and managed to tie onto their boat. We called the coast guard and continued to tow the boat until we reached just south of the south dune. We had to cut her free when we got into about 7 feet when the Bimini started dragging and stuck on the bottom. I marked the coordinates so they could call a salvage company. We took them to their vehicle and they had to wait for the guys wife to bring the extra set of keys as his were locked in the capsized boat. They lost alot, but were grateful we were in the right place at the right time. The coast guard came after about a half hour and just stayed with us to monitor us towing his boat from 100ft depth to about 20, and had to turn around due to the shallow water. It felt good to hear the coat guard say that we seemed more than capable of towing them in, and we were happy to help them. 20200912_153934.jpeg20200912_160201.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What happened to the boat? What reason did it sink?

Being in the right place at the right time has helped many.
My partner and i watched a boat launch full throttle off the top of Troy dam in the Hudson River stryper fishing this May. We threw the younger person a life jacket and let him float down river, as his older partner was going under. Just barley got him in time. Hypothermia kicked in, eyes rolled back in head. I’ll never forget the look on his face when i got to him.

• Like 1