Never Forget

Low Baller

On 9/11/2020 at 9:32 AM, Low Baller said:

19FB_IMG_14736342582960011.jpeg.d528728ef3c369b157154655fc01c001.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A fire fighting rule is if a fire is ongoing for twenty minutes, the building is structural unsound and evacuation is necessary and entry is ended. This rule was not enforced by senior officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by jimski2
My niece escaped from the 38th floor by the stairs.

The reality is that thousands of their fellow citizens were trapped and they risked and lost their lives trying to help them. An "armchair assessment' after the fact based on best practices doesn't do them justice. They were extremely brave and we owe them our everlasting respect for trying to save those unfortunate people.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 4

The reality is that thousands of their fellow citizens were trapped and they risked and lost their lives trying to help them. An "armchair assessment' after the fact based on best practices doesn't do them justice. They were extremely brave and we owe them our everlasting respect for trying to save those unfortunate people.

Amen brother, Amen

Less than 20 minutes for a lightweight type 5 construction building.
Type 1 is different . That being said the fire load was extreme from the fuel on board.
It would have taken handcuffs and chains to get those firefighters to leave before the towers came down.
Have you walked the walk or are you arm chair quarterbacking?[emoji602][emoji602]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sk8man, BC FD and Low Baller thank you! Low Baller for the original post and Sk8man and BC FD for yor replies. Nothing annoys me more than the arm chair experts that tell emergency services how the job should have been done after the fact. They knew this was nothing like they had ever experinced before, they knew it was a huge risk, they knew they might not make it out but they also knew there were thousands that needed help and they were going to do their best because that's what they do. Yes there was a large loss of life taken that day but there also was  an etremely larger number of lives saved because of their efforts. God bless those brave men and women!  

Sk8man, BC FD and Low Baller thank you! Low Baller for the original post and Sk8man and BC FD for yor replies. Nothing annoys me more than the arm chair experts that tell emergency services how the job should have been done after the fact. They knew this was nothing like they had ever experinced before, they knew it was a huge risk, they knew they might not make it out but they also knew there were thousands that needed help and they were going to do their best because that's what they do. Yes there was a large loss of life taken that day but there also was  an etremely larger number of lives saved because of their efforts. God bless those brave men and women!  
When duty calls. Nice to hear from you Chief. Hope all is well

11 minutes ago, Low Baller said:

When duty calls. Nice to hear from you Chief. Hope all is well

All is good here, hope all is good with you. Missed seeing you this year, kind of off season though. Going up next week for one last ride and bringing her home.

Yeh, I was looking for you labor day weekend. I thought maybe you were running out of Oswego. 3 and out for me this year. Still had great fun. Good luck my friend, I'll be in the neighborhood, lol.

Only 3 trips for me too and the third hasn’t happened yet. Busy at work, got married again and weather wasn’t too cooperative when I did have time. Next year hoping more. Stay well my friend.

On 9/13/2020 at 10:38 AM, BC FD said:

Less than 20 minutes for a lightweight type 5 construction building.
Type 1 is different . That being said the fire load was extreme from the fuel on board.
It would have taken handcuffs and chains to get those firefighters to leave before the towers came down.
Have you walked the walk or are you arm chair quarterbacking?emoji602.pngemoji602.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firefighting is a profession where discipline is mandatory. You do not make things worse and this is result of wildcat charging into a burning building. THIRTY YEARS OF FIRE SERVICE has taught me that many firefighting deaths and awards were self decisions that became more fatalities than necessary. The media thrives on reporting heroic? deaths.

Another simple post recognizing a horrific day in our lives turns into a debate. My dad was a Pearl Harbor survivor. He told me a story of rescue trying to get the men out of the Oklahoma. In the process of trying to cut hatches in the hull, alot of sailors died from suffocation from torches. Guess they should have just stood buy and waited for silence before they started cutting.
Take down the fn thread. SMH

• Like 2

Jimski 2 - It is surprising that if you are truly a firefighter that technicalities are more important than human life. Apparently and you  missed the point entirely of not only the thread here but the nature of your firefighting position and  of the significance of the actions of those firefighters that lost their lives on 9/11, and I sure wouldn't want to be depending on you to save my butt if I was in a dire situation.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

Jimski2 I’m not going to debate you here since this is not the place. I would however love to sit down with you and discuss over a beer. You’re way off base in this in more ways than one. I have to believe you when you say you have over 30 years of experience but I have my doubts as to how much hands on experience and not classroom.

Firechief48. Please invite me to this debate I would love to hear of his 30 years of experience. I have 20 yrs in a ghetto fire house local 1404. Short handed every fire barn job fire trucks and equipment and we get it done every day. "Greater love hath no man than this. That a man lay down his life for anouther.". Nothing is Vacant untill it is proven to be vacant. This whole hit it hard from the yard has ruined the fire services and has and will cost people that rely on us for protection their lives.
"Electricians get zapped, carpenters hit them selves with hammers, and firemen get burned.". It's just the way it is.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Guys any time people debate or argue the magnitude of that horrible day we are I feel disgracing them, I have 30 years in the fire service , 20 years on local 2223 . This thread was started to honor our brothers and sisters that parished, please we cannot always agree on everything but we always forget sacrifices that are made everyday, please , if you want to debate people start another thread.... Woody

Agreed 100 percent. My comment was not in debate but as a reminder. Any one that disagree with the actions of those heroic individuals that day and then claims to have 30 yrs of experience to back it up is a discrace to the fire service in it's itself maybe you don't agree in going in maybe you do but those 343 brothers that died that day are true heroes. End of story.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1